Adjustable air bags

/ Adjustable air bags #21  
I would also add, look into Sumo Springs. The plug and play and forget ease similar to Timbrens, but the ride and effect of air bags. The best of both worlds. Considerably cheaper than air bags. Just ordered a set for the rear of my 2500. $170 and free shipping. They even make a coil version for vehicles with coil front or rear springs.

SumoSprings - YouTube
And don,t forget the 1 year warranty with the Sumo springs and the lifetime warranty with the Timbrens.Just wanted to point that out to the OP.Great to have choices..Post is 8 months old I am sure OP has already made a choice.

/ Adjustable air bags #22  
Warranty does not imply a inferior product. Heck, my semi trucks all have had 1 yr / 100,000 mile warranties, but I typically take them well over 1 million miles, and in almost 100% of the time the only parts that get replaced are normal wear out components that would not be covered by a warranty to begin with.

/ Adjustable air bags
And don,t forget the 1 year warranty with the Sumo springs and the lifetime warranty with the Timbrens.Just wanted to point that out to the OP.Great to have choices..Post is 8 months old I am sure OP has already made a choice.

Ah! You don't know the power of procrastination!
Actually, the biggest hangup for me is the controls. From the folks I've talked to so far, the dash controls for air bags/shocks would not be well-integrated into the dash. Even having the RAM dealer do it would not end up with a nice, clean factor-looking install of the controls...so I'm still dithering and delaying.

/ Adjustable air bags #24  
Somewhere on my to do list is making an adapter that allows me to turn the trailer jack with a cordless drill. If you wanted something more elegant you could get 12 volt powered jacks. I'm pretty sure my drill powered jacks will be faster and I know they will be cheaper.

I did that before, great, until you burn out the drill using it under heavy load that long. Then it's not cheaper any more. They go one sale for about $100 all the time.

As for load supporting additions, I would NOT use air shocks. The shock mount is not designed for that much weight, unless it's a Mc Phearson Strut. Never seen one of those that use air either.

/ Adjustable air bags #25  
fully integrated airbags are not cheep, compressor, lines, switches, bags... However I find them really useful and they really help with the weight. You can make them look factory installed in the cab but it takes time and attention to detail. Your ram has some panel blanks where switches would go that you can use. You simply get stock ram switches and install them for the compressor on/off and the lift/lower. I did this for my compressor and lockers: looks like it rolled out of the factory that way.

If your looking for a trailer jacking solution though Id suggest an electric trailer jack that goes where your current jack is. Way cheaper and way easier to install. You can get a 3500# cap lift jack of excellent quality for about $100. As long as your trailer plugged into your truck it works. I'm putting one on my utility trailer.

/ Adjustable air bags #26  

No.... not one year. Depending on Sumo and application, it is 3-5 years. Go on the site and see for yourself.