Binders and chains

/ Binders and chains #1  

jack707

Veteran Member
Tractor
farm trac 555
It has been along time since I used one of these so I wonder if someone can post a pic. of how to set one up, the one I have is a 1/4 chain and binder I use the Rachet kind.

/ Binders and chains #2  
What do you mean? How the chain hooks to the trailer? How to connect the ratchet binder itself? You run the ends of the binder out equally on both sides, pull all the slack out of your chain, hook each end of the binder on, and crank it down till the chain will sing when you smack it.

/ Binders and chains
OK so I run the hooks out and attach between the links and tighten up huh?

/ Binders and chains #4  
How do you forget how to use chain and binders?
If you are planning on hauling your 555 you need something bigger than 1/4" chain and a good heavy trailer. Especially if its a 4x4 with loader and implements it will weigh well over 5K.

/ Binders and chains
Well George it has been years since I used a binder don't use them every day. The trailer is a 16 foot 10 ton and the 1/4 is to secure the bucket.

/ Binders and chains #6  
Sounds like you have it figured out then.
RedNeckRacing's procedure is correct. I use 4 chains (2 front,2 back) plus implements secured. Don't have any pics but there are a lot of them posted on this site. Make sure you have enough tongue weight so the trailer isn't rear end heavy.

/ Binders and chains
Thanks I know it was a stupid question to ask but I have to take the 555 in and didn't want to use straps.

/ Binders and chains #8  
Thanks I know it was a stupid question to ask but I have to take the 555 in and didn't want to use straps.

Not only No but Heck No!

Stupid is driving down the road with your stuff unsecured. THAT'S Stupid!

Drive on Jack, have a good one!

/ Binders and chains #9  
You might as well use package twine as 1/4" chain. I broke my 1/4" chain numerous times just pulling rebar stakes out of the ground. (Old raised crib posts.) The smallest I keep around now is 5/16" #70 and up.

/ Binders and chains #10  
Ratchets binders and chains.
image.jpeg