winch mount

/ winch mount #1  

terryknight

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 5055E,Kubota B2650
looking to get a portable winch mount to fit a 2" receiver. something along these lines

Winch Mounting Plate for Hitch Receiver Mount Bracket for Truck Trailer SUV 4WD | eBay

anyone have an experience with this brand or any others. I have no desire to send 250 for the WARN brand one.

I have a 6K winch that I would to be able to sap between my car trailer, my GN trailer and my trucks as needed. This seems to be the easiest way to make that happen

/ winch mount #2  
Looks easy enough to make one yourself... welders, torches, grinders, makes something that works...

/ winch mount
greg the thought has cross my mind, but for 60ish delivered, it's cheaper and easier to buy one than take the time to find/buy the supplies and take the time to create something

/ winch mount #4  
   / winch mount #5  
True... Won't argue that at all, cheap one you posted the like to seems very cost effective. However, for $250, I'd make my own.

/ winch mount #7  
Made one a bunch of years ago for a Warn 12k winch. Works great. When you are pulling hard, the biggest issue is chocking the tires well enough so it doesn't drag the truck. I used 1-0 cable with some 1,000 amp jumper leads to connect the winch to the battery.

/ winch mount #8  
   / winch mount
i think it means to run the winch line through the mount, but i'm not sure. i think for 61 it will be hard to beat

/ winch mount #10  
What pulley? The description is of the winch mount.

Bruce

winchmount.jpg