Do you have issues with your new Ford SuperDuty?

/ Do you have issues with your new Ford SuperDuty? #1  

Bigfoot62

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 5090M; JD 5085M; JD 5083E; NH TN70A; Ford 2600
OK, Here's where I'm at. Thinking about buying a new '16 F-250 4x4 CC Diesel. (PLEASE, if you own something else, and try to convince me, you're wasting your breath) :D
I bleed blue. ;) I've been driving Ford Diesels for 25 years. Currently have two: '97 F-250 and '03 F-350.

Seriously, I want to know if you've had any problems with a RECENT 6.7 diesel SuperDuty. (I know about the issues that the early ones had.)
Also, what about normal maintenance? For example, I want to know if I can change the filters myself without calling an engineer and disassembling the truck. :rolleyes:
TIA

/ Do you have issues with your new Ford SuperDuty? #2  
We have several 2014/2015 models at work... as shop mechanic, I've done the maintenance on them... oil changes are easy, one of the trucks has had 70k miles put on it in the past 14 months, with no issues I'm aware of, other than brakes, tires, oil changes. Solid trucks, from what I can tell.

/ Do you have issues with your new Ford SuperDuty?
Thanks Crawler, that's the kind of information that I'm looking for.

It's been 14 years since I bought a new diesel truck and I'm kinda' out of the loop.

/ Do you have issues with your new Ford SuperDuty? #5  
The Ford info on the 2017 model says the HD line is seeing it's first major redo in 18 years. From what I'm seeing, you should get a Major rebate if you are buying a 2016...the last of a long run before upgrade.

/ Do you have issues with your new Ford SuperDuty? #6  
I bought a '15 Platinum and love it. If you can hold out for a '17 do it. Can is suppose to be larger. No room in my back seat is my only complaint. Also motor is like 450/900.

/ Do you have issues with your new Ford SuperDuty? #7  
Mileage could be better. 3.55 and average 14 over last year and a half.

Then your prolly like me, one big issue is the insane price!
Good luck with your new truck.
Yessir!!! But, it's only money, right? :rolleyes:

. . . From what I'm seeing, you should get a Major rebate if you are buying a 2016...the last of a long run before upgrade.
Yeah, I'm hoping for a deeply discounted price tag. Something like they did on the '14 F-150's.

. . . If you can hold out for a '17 do it. . .
I kinda' like 'em the way they are now. I don't ever buy the "first" of anything. There will always be a few bugs in the first run. I prefer a proven, tried and true design. And, especially if they cut the price some more. :D

Mileage could be better. 3.55 and average 14 over last year and a half.

What year is your truck, and what are the specs? (other than the 3.55 rear) And, what are your driving habits?

The 6.7 should do a little better than that.

/ Do you have issues with your new Ford SuperDuty? #10  
I have a 2015 CC 350 Platinum with the 6.2 gas. .. Had a 2102 with the 6.7 and got rid of it at 12k miles after it left my driveway on a flat bed for the 3rd time. They have gobs of power but IMO.... They are a ticking time bomb. .02. Hope you have better luck. I absolutely love my truck, more power would always be welcome but the comfort and ergonomics of the Ford is great for a 6-2" guy.