Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Deere 4410

Default What feature do you hate about your truck/suv?

I own a Y2K GMC Yukon XL 2500...it has been dead reliable and never required dealership or shop service aside from having new tires installed at Discount 3 years ago. Although it eats gas, I only drive it 3000 miles a year so that does not matter. The only feature I HATE about it is the huge headache of removing/installing the third seat...I am 65 years old and weight 165 and stand 5'-6" and my knees are shot and then some. I love the truck for it's reliability and do-everything capability but that darned third seat is ONE HUGE AND HEAVY PIB to remove and reinstall 4-5 times a year.

I am interested in knowing what others have to say about what major pet peeve (ONE ONLY, PLEASE) they have to reveal about their current wheels. Thanks.
    Good judgement comes from experience, and sometimes much of your experience comes from bad judgement. I am living proof of that !!!

Tractor
    Kubota L2501

Default Re: What feature do you hate about your truck/suv?

2006 F150 STX 4x4 Supercab.

I really liked the back seat without having the cab being a full 4 door cab. Until we got a live in toddler grandson. Rear facing carseats are a royal PITA in a F150 Supercab, basically turns your truck into a single seater with baby seating. A few more pounds and another month or two and I will be back to being happy with the truck. I can put the car-seat in front facing

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX25D

I have a 2007 Silverado 1500 with suicide doors. Initially, I liked the idea as it meant the truck bed was longer. Now, I hate them. For some strange reason, no matter how far away from the grocery store I park, someone always has to park right next to me. The relevance of that is with suicide doors, you have to line up the shopping cart perpendicular to the truck to unload it. So, due to the strange magnetism of people parking beside my truck, I can never get the dang cart lined up to unload it. As for the rest of the truck, I love my air conditioner and 4WD. I drove a 2005 Ford Ranger for years and loved it though it was a basic model. Got the Silverado because we upsized on the travel trailer and the Ranger was underclassed. Thing is, the Silverado is longer and wider than the Ranger and even though I've had the Silverado for over a year, it still feels bigger to me when driving.

Tractor
    Jinma 254/284 Ford 861 Powermaster at work

Both my 2006 F350 and 2012 F150 I love. Both have been nearly trouble free other than a bad fuel gauge on the F350 and a faulty fan controller on the F150. The F350 was under warranty and the F150 took $83 at the dealer to fix.

With all that said as a Ford guy by far the best truck I have owned is my 08 Nissan Titan. That thing was a beast and never needed a thing. I sold it at 97,000 miles to a cop buddy and he still has it.

Chris

Tractor
    Kubota B2620 , Case 448

1999 (Y2K) SuperDuty... XL... ext cab... 5.4 L...6.5 ft bed...4.10...work truck. I guess, if I had lots of money and had all the bells and whistles, that would be great. But my Plain Jane has been reliable, holds the road, has good enough acceleration and always brings me home.

So there's nothing I hate about it.
    Kubota B2620 HST (2012) Case 448(1983)

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 5083E MWFD, Kubota L3400 HST

I hate the tpms system in my truck. 2012 ram 2500. Wish I had a cummins but the international dwarfs the toy trucks easily and tows like a drram other than lacking 4wd. Op, you said one problem complaint per truck right?
    '11 John Deere 5083E, 563NSL Loader, MX10 Mower, 78" Bucket, Forks/Bale spear (interchangeable)
    L3400 Kubota HST Loader, finish mower, rake, scraper blade, Gin pole, Kustom Fab front hydraulic snow plow (Inspired by ASGAR)
    JD 550 Dozer 6 way blade and winch
    JD 450B Track Loader
    Case 480C Backhoe W/ Extend-a-hoe

'01 International 4700 LP, DT530, Allison MD3060, Air Ride, Crew Cab
    '11 Moritz 20+5 14.5K GN with adj. Tail
    ''08 700R Raptor

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Ford 1210 / Ford 1710

Quote Originally Posted by RedNeckRacin View Post
    I hate the tpms system in my truck. 2012 ram 2500. Wish I had a cummins but the international dwarfs the toy trucks easily and tows like a drram other than lacking 4wd. Op, you said one problem complaint per truck right?
    I agree about the tpms. I haven't had an issue yet but my daughter's civic has an illuminated tpms light that's been on for years!

Tractor
    MF 1635 12x12 Powershuttle

I wish my 2011 Sierra had the full that's package, has only fuel and water temp. Oil pressure and amp that's would be nice.

Other than that, I love the truck.
    Thanks,

Will

I do not care if someone's net nanny is watching!! You need to stop...

Tractor
    Deere 3520

2013 f150 blinkers drive me crazy.

Tractor
    LS XR3037HC

Add me to the TPMS group. Every time you rotate tires its a real long drawn out procedure to get the computer to recognize what location the tires where rotated to. If you don't reprogram them and get a tire with low pressure the display shows the wrong location.

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast