When are 2017 GM and Rams coming out?

/ When are 2017 GM and Rams coming out? #1  

bdog

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 6130M
I have tried googling it with out much luck. The 2017 Ford specs are out and trucks available soon if not already. We are needing a dually with the highest tow capacity. Ford raised the bar with the 17 and is king of the hill right now. I am sure GM or Ram will try to up them but the specs are not out and I can't find any info on when they will be.

/ When are 2017 GM and Rams coming out? #2  
Dodge has a truck in theory that will tow something like 28,000 lbs. I think its a Cummins regular cab two wheel drive dually. That seems like more than enough for me. I know in the past the new ones came out in August but at least with Chrysler, thats still usually the case but not always. I know they built 2010 Challengers for a year and a half and built the 2011's for only six months.

/ When are 2017 GM and Rams coming out?
The 17 F-450 will tow 32.5k with a crew cab 4x4. Pretty impressive. I wanted to see if GM or Ram would get close or beat it before I made a decision.

/ When are 2017 GM and Rams coming out? #4  
Here is tentative build out dates for current vehicles. Once they start building them, it takes a while to fill the vast dealer networks... :)

Build-out Start-up Dates - ARI

/ When are 2017 GM and Rams coming out? #5  
Ram and Ford are around 31-32k when properly equipped. Last I checked GM was still 6k short of that number and I wouldn't expect them to get much closer much less exceed it.

/ When are 2017 GM and Rams coming out? #6  
I wonder if they will ever fix problems like weak tyranny and the dead gas pedal and the #1 thing I don't like dodges is because the don't get good MPGS.

/ When are 2017 GM and Rams coming out? #7  
Ram and Ford are around 31-32k when properly equipped. Last I checked GM was still 6k short of that number and I wouldn't expect them to get much closer much less exceed it.

It's pretty common knowledge around Wyoming that the limiting factor in GMC/Chevy world is the Allison Tranny. GM can't put anymore power through it with out blowing it up. The D-Max is capabable of providing more power, the tranny just can't take it. GM needs a new HD tranny.

I wish dodge would not derate the manual transmissions, there choking them down about 150 ft/lbs of torque. Then there autos have that **** torque management system that makes the truck feel gut less at times.

Ford has the torque management too, however tuners have been getting quite good at rewriting the code to overcome it.

/ When are 2017 GM and Rams coming out? #8  
I wonder if they will ever fix problems like weak tyranny and the dead gas pedal and the #1 thing I don't like dodges is because the don't get good MPGS.

Weak transmission, poor fuel mileage, OK I'll bite.

/ When are 2017 GM and Rams coming out? #9  
I don't know about the new Dodge Cummings, but my 2001.5 4X4 3/4ton H.O. six speed gets great mileage. If I just klutz around the country side empty about 60-65mph... I have to stop and drain some diesel out of the tank every once and awhile or she will overfill herself...... :)

Attachments

• SAM_0461 (Large).JPG
    SAM_0461 (Large).JPG
    265.4 KB · Views: 188
   / When are 2017 GM and Rams coming out? #10  
I honestly think Dodges today have a great transmission, in the early 2000's not so much. I had 2 in my 2003 2500 before trading it off.

The Allison is at its limit. It's always been a good unit, just limited. It's time for GM to do something different.

Chris