Any experience with etrailers hubs/brakes?

/ Any experience with etrailers hubs/brakes? #1  

Hersheyfarm

Veteran Member
Need to replace my brakes due to seals leaking. I always use Dexter but seen etrailers stuff on their website. Reviews are good, but I assume these are just China made stuff. They are 1/2 the cost of Dexter.

/ Any experience with etrailers hubs/brakes? #2  
Most everything from China today - what a shame!

/ Any experience with etrailers hubs/brakes? #3  
Check Eastern Marine or SW Wheel. Good prices on Dexter.

/ Any experience with etrailers hubs/brakes? #4  
I bought a set of 4 for my 7K trailer a couple years ago and they worked great. If I remember the complete assy. (brakes, backing plates, magnets etc. that cost around $38 each. Size was 10 x 2 1/4". Hardest part was I had to cut the old backing plate mount bolts off with a torch because they were rusted so badly. New ones were not supplied with new nuts so had to buy them separately from auto parts store.

/ Any experience with etrailers hubs/brakes?
Most everything from China today - what a shame!

It used to be because cheaper labor, now its the strict epa rules for manufacturing metals and plastics.

/ Any experience with etrailers hubs/brakes? #6  
I have. No issues. It's like going to Auto Zone and getting their house brand of brake pads for your passenger car.

Chris

/ Any experience with etrailers hubs/brakes? #7  
Need to replace my brakes due to seals leaking. I always use Dexter but seen etrailers stuff on their website. Reviews are good, but I assume these are just China made stuff. They are 1/2 the cost of Dexter.

Easy to work with. I bought 4-7000# assemblies and 4-7500 or so assemblies and they were received quick and went on nice.

One caveat, they are shipped with no packing, just in a box. They bounce around and cut the brake wires on some.

Happened to me on 2-3 assemblies and reviews attest to that. If you get them make sure you allow enough time to send some back and get new ones. I would buy them again easily.

/ Any experience with etrailers hubs/brakes? #9  
I just ordered/installed 4 from "Gen-Y hitches" on Amazon. Cheap, Chinese, packed well.