Suggestions for winch mount on trailer

/ Suggestions for winch mount on trailer #1  

07ketnec

Tractor
John Deere X300
I have a 18' full tilt hydraulic flatbed trailer. I have a winch to install to the front of it. Just looking for ideas to see how people have done it.

I'll send pictures after work, but I was thinking to make a weldment with a standard female receiver hitch and then I would then fab the male portion to the winch.
That way I can take the winch on and off easily and not be exposed to the elements.

Also thought about a full toolbox enclosure with a front door and mount everything inside.

What has everyone else found that works?

/ Suggestions for winch mount on trailer #2  
You are describing my exact setup. No pics as I am not home, but will try to remember tonight.

/ Suggestions for winch mount on trailer #3  
i bought a mounting plate it was $61 or 62 delivered to me. i have welded a 2" receiver on my GN trailer still need to weld one on my BP.

IMG_1390.JPG

IMG_1208.JPG

/ Suggestions for winch mount on trailer #4  
I have a 18' full tilt hydraulic flatbed trailer. I have a winch to install to the front of it. Just looking for ideas to see how people have done it. I'll send pictures after work, but I was thinking to make a weldment with a standard female receiver hitch and then I would then fab the male portion to the winch. That way I can take the winch on and off easily and not be exposed to the elements. Also thought about a full toolbox enclosure with a front door and mount everything inside. What has everyone else found that works?

That's how I would do it.

Chris

/ Suggestions for winch mount on trailer #5  
I've owned a couple full tilt trailers. The style shown by Terry is a very good idea. I thought of it but IMO a winch mounted to a portable cradle was kind of heavy as I have limited lifting ability in my left arm. I decided to mount mine to the trailer.

The first was a 20'er and I made an angle steel frame in front, mounted a TSC box and installed the winch inside the box. Also in the box is my tilt bed pump which I installed. The trailer was originally a manual pump tilt. (first 3 pics)

My second is a 22'er and I mounted the winch to the deck and tilt bed steel frame then made a cover for it. (second 3 pics)

Attachments

• DSCN1147 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1147 (Medium).JPG
    217.4 KB · Views: 1,166
  • DSCN1148 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1148 (Medium).JPG
    305.2 KB · Views: 491
  • DSCN1149 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1149 (Medium).JPG
    365.2 KB · Views: 1,563
  • DSCN1370 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1370 (Medium).JPG
    227.7 KB · Views: 1,061
  • DSCN1936 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1936 (Medium).JPG
    208.1 KB · Views: 5,113
  • DSCN1937 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1937 (Medium).JPG
    245.2 KB · Views: 7,541
   / Suggestions for winch mount on trailer #6  
Here is my version of a winch mount. Works good, added a wireless remote after the picture was taken.

IMG_0838.JPG IMG_0839.JPG

/ Suggestions for winch mount on trailer
Thanks! All look like great ideas!

Have any of you noticed issues with leaving it out in the elements?

/ Suggestions for winch mount on trailer #8  
i pull mine off and put it in the garage when i'm done, so i can't answer that

/ Suggestions for winch mount on trailer #9  
Thanks! All look like great ideas!

Have any of you noticed issues with leaving it out in the elements?

Mine has been out in the elements for 2 years but with the cover on it I've had no problems.

/ Suggestions for winch mount on trailer #10  
I cut out a portable plate for mine. The winch and roller are bolted to the plate and the whole thing can be placed over a hitch ball, strapped/chained to a tree (w/e) or shackled to the trailer. I welded a tiedown ring to the center of the trailer and just use a shackle to connect the winch.

Attachments

• winchplate.JPG
    winchplate.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 220