Lets talk car/truck/tractor batteries ??

/ Lets talk car/truck/tractor batteries ?? #1  

coobie

Tractor
Kubota RTV 1100c, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader .
What make/brand is your choice? I like Deka/East Penn brand batteries.

/ Lets talk car/truck/tractor batteries ?? #2  
i, too, have had good luck with DEKAs

/ Lets talk car/truck/tractor batteries ?? #3  
What make/brand is your choice? I like Deka/East Penn brand batteries.

They also make some of the batteries NAPA sells. I run them in the Hustler Z and Gator. Great batteries. Vic

/ Lets talk car/truck/tractor batteries ??
They also make some of the batteries NAPA sells. I run them in the Hustler Z and Gator. Great batteries. Vic
Bought one of the Napa/Deka batteries today for my Kioti tractor.

/ Lets talk car/truck/tractor batteries ?? #5  
I have had great success with die hard platinum in cold Wyoming. Unfortunately Sears stopped selling them. They were rebadged oddesesy so I guess I will move in that direction.

/ Lets talk car/truck/tractor batteries ?? #6  
I don't have much to contribute re batteries but FWIW here's what I know:

Kid at Autozone told me he was farm-raised and a combo Start/Deep Cycle battery is preferable for equipment that is used only in harvest season etc, because it tolerates long storage better. I got a good price on their high amperage version.

I learned after a couple of years that Autozone's, at least, can't tolerate the vibration and jouncing of a farm tractor. Reading online I concluded I lost it because the crud that naturally falls off the plates gets stirred up too much in this application, making the plates ineffective. The ordinary battery that replaced it has served several years now.

Last edited:
   / Lets talk car/truck/tractor batteries ?? #7  
Duracell/East Penn from SAMs Club. Also used to run Deka/East Penn but my local source went belly up a few years ago. They held up great especially in my bass boat which anything mounted in that boat took a pounding...

/ Lets talk car/truck/tractor batteries ?? #8  
I have had decent success with Interstate and Kirkland batteries. Just today I found battery was dead in '01 Ford E450 Bus with 7.3 Diesel. Those only have one high capacity group 65 starting battery (no room for 2 like the pickups). Only had time to charge it for 1 hour. I then attempted to jump it with the F150 but it would not turn over. Took the 8+ year old interstate from the F150 (only rated for 580 CCA), bolted it in the E450 and the thing fired right up.
I noticed that Wal-Mart has a new line of batteries that are only $48 and have a shorter 1-year replacement warranty. I'm tempted to try one in the plow truck this year..

/ Lets talk car/truck/tractor batteries ?? #9  
Over the years, the best batts I've owned have said Interstate on them...

I buy HD batts., and the big Interstates have been really tough for me, expensive, but tough!

SR

/ Lets talk car/truck/tractor batteries ?? #10  
You realize there are like 3 battery companies that make all the batteries out there, right? And that they are all pretty much the same? Just don't buy the cheapest crap you can find as they will have spec'd them really poorly. Beyond that, extra money spent will not likely help you in any way. Talking about regular starter batteries here...