What fuel mileage do you get in your 3/4 or 1 ton diesel? Which brand is best?

/ What fuel mileage do you get in your 3/4 or 1 ton diesel? Which brand is best? #91  
This thread seems to be going well. LAffin

/ What fuel mileage do you get in your 3/4 or 1 ton diesel? Which brand is best? #92  
Quite well.

/ What fuel mileage do you get in your 3/4 or 1 ton diesel? Which brand is best? #93  
I guess if you like internet pillow fights.

/ What fuel mileage do you get in your 3/4 or 1 ton diesel? Which brand is best? #94  
Let me guess, you're a psychiatrist. You're pretty observant.

/ What fuel mileage do you get in your 3/4 or 1 ton diesel? Which brand is best? #95  
I have a 2015 Ram 2500 diesel, CC, 4WD, 6.4 bed, auto. trans. with 11,400 miles. Anywhere I drive is continuously hilly from one degree to another with seldom a level spot of road for more than 100 yards or so. But no mountains. My truck carries 300 - 400 pounds of stuff inside and in the bed as a minimum and tows a 10.5k pound tractor load occasionally. Actual highway mileage is ~ 16.5 - 17 driving the speed limit with a light load and ~ 11ish towing the tractor on the Interstate and less on the back highways which are steeper in grade and with speed changes through small towns. Vehicle computer shows mileage to be ~ 1.1 to 1.5 MPG higher than hand computed. On the rare occasion I have driven on a fairly level stretch of road for a couple miles, the computer shows up to 21.x MPG running under cruise control.

This mileage is what I hoped for when purchasing. As an aside, I did a lot of investigation and settled on Ram. Really loved the 2500 with 6.4 Hemi engine in town. It was super responsive and a joy to drive whereas the diesel was a bit sluggish in this scenario. However, on my "test track" of Interstate entrance ramp and highway acceleration testing, by the time the non loaded gas truck got to 65 MPH, it was out of breath and the diesel was still pulling like the proverbial freight train. So I paid the extra $10k for the diesel and never looked back. The diesel engine braking feature is a really nice option to have while towing a load. Only downside for the Ram diesel for me was the mandatory 10k pound rated suspension with the diesel and this causing the truck to ride rougher with a light load. YMMV.

/ What fuel mileage do you get in your 3/4 or 1 ton diesel? Which brand is best?
I have a 2015 Ram 2500 diesel, CC, 4WD, 6.4 bed, auto. trans. with 11,400 miles. Anywhere I drive is continuously hilly from one degree to another with seldom a level spot of road for more than 100 yards or so. But no mountains. My truck carries 300 - 400 pounds of stuff inside and in the bed as a minimum and tows a 10.5k pound tractor load occasionally. Actual highway mileage is ~ 16.5 - 17 driving the speed limit with a light load and ~ 11ish towing the tractor on the Interstate and less on the back highways which are steeper in grade and with speed changes through small towns. Vehicle computer shows mileage to be ~ 1.1 to 1.5 MPG higher than hand computed. On the rare occasion I have driven on a fairly level stretch of road for a couple miles, the computer shows up to 21.x MPG running under cruise control.

This mileage is what I hoped for when purchasing. As an aside, I did a lot of investigation and settled on Ram. Really loved the 2500 with 6.4 Hemi engine in town. It was super responsive and a joy to drive whereas the diesel was a bit sluggish in this scenario. However, on my "test track" of Interstate entrance ramp and highway acceleration testing, by the time the non loaded gas truck got to 65 MPH, it was out of breath and the diesel was still pulling like the proverbial freight train. So I paid the extra $10k for the diesel and never looked back. The diesel engine braking feature is a really nice option to have while towing a load. Only downside for the Ram diesel for me was the mandatory 10k pound rated suspension with the diesel and this causing the truck to ride rougher with a light load. YMMV.

Very informative. Thank you. You are right, I did notice that the Ram was still climbing at the same rate when I hit 65 and had to let off the throttle.