Anyone have a 17 super duty?

/ Anyone have a 17 super duty? #1  

bdog

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 6130M
Does anyone have one yet? They sure look slick curious to see how people like them. I am considering a F-450.

/ Anyone have a 17 super duty? #2  
I would be very interested to hear how people are liking them as well. I have done a lot of research on the new F-450s also, but doesn't seem anyone who has bought them has really had the chance to work them yet. They seem like a **** good truck, depending on which side of the fence you sit on when it comes to the aluminium bodies. I'll be following this one.

Kyle

/ Anyone have a 17 super duty? #3  
I did see this about a brand new 2017 F-450;

Why Is This Brand New Ford F-45 Shooting Flames Out Of Its Tailpipe? [UPDATE]

I realize this is a one-off, imagine spending almost $100K (Canadian) on a brand new F-450 and this is what you get. Ford finally bought the truck back but not without grief from the dealer. The issue was due to a faulty repair after the truck was built.

Other than this, I have yet to see anything on the 17 SDs.

/ Anyone have a 17 super duty? #4  
Saw some commercials that they are aluminum like the f150s now.

I wonder if they use a little thicker aluminum for the bed?

/ Anyone have a 17 super duty? #5  
They do have thicker aluminum on the bed. I've driven two of them so far. A F-250 and a 350 dually. Really was very impressed with both. I saw a 450 at one dealer. Looks just like the 350, but has one more leaf spring. Very impressive interiors and exterior design. A lot of punch in the mid range/passing range.

/ Anyone have a 17 super duty?
From what I can tell the beds are not near as flimsy as the GM commercial makes them out to be. Especially if you put in a spray in bed liner like I do on all trucks anyway there will be no issues under normal circumstances.

I own GM and Ford vehicles I have no favorite brand I just think the problem is overstated.

/ Anyone have a 17 super duty? #7  
Following.

/ Anyone have a 17 super duty? #8  
From what I can tell the beds are not near as flimsy as the GM commercial makes them out to be. Especially if you put in a spray in bed liner like I do on all trucks anyway there will be no issues under normal circumstances.

I own GM and Ford vehicles I have no favorite brand I just think the problem is overstated.

Ya GM does not show the whole filming of that commercial. I saw it on you tube. It was done with three groups of people and one time it punctured that cold rolled steel bed, UH OH how did that happen.

Chevy High Strength Steel deceiving Commercials - YouTube

/ Anyone have a 17 super duty? #9  
rustyshakelford on here has ordered one.

/ Anyone have a 17 super duty? #10  
I sat in a regular cab 17 F550 yesterday, there is a ton more room in it from my 16. ... It's got me thinking.