New Air Compressor for Shop, Wheels for Truck

/ New Air Compressor for Shop, Wheels for Truck #1  

JESSE1

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 6400
My 30 year old Emglo compressor finally rusted out. It would have cost more than it was worth to try to find new tanks or fix it. I decided to buy a larger shop compressor. I bought a Gardner Denver with a 13hp Honda engine. Got it mounted on my welding trailer today. Runs great, builds up to about 170 psi. Gardner Denver owns Champion and this compressor is the same as the Champion compressors. Made in USA.

Bought new front Accuride alloy wheels and General tires for my '59 White. I plan on getting new outer wheel for the rear soon.

Attachments

• IMG_2351.JPG
    IMG_2351.JPG
    508.7 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_2352.JPG
    IMG_2352.JPG
    493.6 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_2325.JPG
    IMG_2325.JPG
    518.1 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_2326.JPG
    IMG_2326.JPG
    576.8 KB · Views: 221
   / New Air Compressor for Shop, Wheels for Truck #3  
Congratulations. I try to drain the tanks on my compressors after I'm done using them, but sometimes forget on my bigger one. It's an electric Emglo wheelbarrow that was too heavy for jobsite work, but a bit on the small side for a workshop compressor. My favorite work compressor is a very lightweight Bostitch. I never heard of Champion, but that Emglo has been running strong for 30 years so far.

/ New Air Compressor for Shop, Wheels for Truck #4  
I'm wondering what rusted out? The tank?

SR

/ New Air Compressor for Shop, Wheels for Truck
The tank rusted out on the bottom by the drain valve. This is a dual tank compressor, I think 8 gallon capacity. It's been great compressor, actually too small for what I use it for. I need to be able to use a large impact wrench for truck wheels. The new Gardner Denver is the size used on service trucks.

/ New Air Compressor for Shop, Wheels for Truck #6  
I was just wondering, as I had one of my compressors rust out and the tank started leaking.

I found a junk compressor at a garage sale, but the tank looked good. I bought it for $7.00 and stripped all the junk off the tank, then cut the "entire mount" off my OLD tank

standard.jpg

and welded it on the new tank, right on top of the old mount. lol

standard.jpg

Then I plumbed my "good" compressor/motor to fit it, and it's now several years later and it's still working perfectly... lol

My old compressor was an older Crapsman, back when Sears sold "good" tools, so I didn't want to junk it!

Anyway, now that you have a GREAT compressor, and there's no rush, perhaps you will run onto a garage sale compressor cheeeep too, and can make a conversion of your own.

SR

That's a great idea. I did think about another tank but figured that by the time I did a swap either the engine or compressor would throw a rod.

Finally got the rear wheels mounted.

Attachments

• IMG_2361.JPG
    IMG_2361.JPG
    709.7 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_2363.JPG
    IMG_2363.JPG
    730.2 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_2364.JPG
    IMG_2364.JPG
    655.3 KB · Views: 115