Ford F150-I'm Done.

/ Ford F150-I'm Done. #1  

TheGoose

Platinum Member
Time to trade this POS off. Electric steering bad at 65K miles, several brake jobs, evap coil in the A/C out, seat torn at 50K, and now the brakes are locked up. Biggest pile of junk I ever owned. Loved the truck until it hit 50K miles and then it started falling apart. No more Ford for me.

BUILT FORD TOUGH = NOT TEXAS TOUGH.

Probably going to get a suburban.

/ Ford F150-I'm Done. #2  
Well no more fords in my future anymore!. I like to know what the engineers thinking ?. I am replacing the back brakes and wheel cylinders also a brake line I didn't plan on but any way no more Fords.

/ Ford F150-I'm Done. #3  
I am going with a 2500HD GMC gasser next time. I am not a fan of electric power steering, and not fond of electric fans for towing.
Was it an Eco boom?

/ Ford F150-I'm Done. #4  
My 2006 F150 4X4 super crew cab 5.4 engine has not been the most dependable truck I have owned.One reason I went with 2016 dodge this time.I still have the ford but at 125,000 miles its starting to nickel & dime me.IMHO all brands have there share of issues just hope we get a good one not made on monday or friday.LOL..

/ Ford F150-I'm Done. #5  
My 2012 F-150 just hit 60,000 miles and the only thing I've done so far is the brakes. I really didn't need to replace them, but we where planning a trip to Colorado and I thought i would be a good idea to have fresh brakes for the mountains. Biggest mistake I made was going with the more expensive, top of the line Wagoner brake pads. They went on super tight, which should have been a big warning right from the start.

The first day I drove it into town, about ten miles, it was raining and when I hit a water puddle, it turned to steam. I slowly made my way to a friends shop and had him take a look. They where so hot that they warped the calipers and caused over $400 in parts that had to be replaced. The manager of ABC Auto said that they had been having a huge issue with Wagoner pads and that they would reimburse me for the parts plus the labor to fix everything.

The problem with Wagoner brake pads is that they make them just a little thicker then factory, they use a metal in them that gets super hot and they cut the pads into different sized section that heat up faster in the small sections and remain hot longer.

A couple weeks later I went back to the store to pick up something and asked about my claim on the brake pads. The manager completely changed his story and denied telling me about all the problems they have had with Wagoner brake pads. My buddy who owns the repair shop couldn't believe it and called the manager himself, and was told the same thing. He never said anything about the brake pads and that they where the best ones out there.

Everything is now Ford brand parts, which seem to be trouble free and working flawlessly. Hopefully the truck lasts to 200,000 miles like the last two Fords did.

Whats wrong with the electric power steering?

/ Ford F150-I'm Done. #6  
I'm curious about the steering issue as well?

/ Ford F150-I'm Done. #7  
Time to trade this POS off. Electric steering bad at 65K miles, several brake jobs, evap coil in the A/C out, seat torn at 50K, and now the brakes are locked up. Biggest pile of junk I ever owned. Loved the truck until it hit 50K miles and then it started falling apart. No more Ford for me.

BUILT FORD TOUGH = NOT TEXAS TOUGH.

Probably going to get a suburban.

May I suggest a Toyota Tundra. Made in Texas! And Texas tough.

/ Ford F150-I'm Done. #8  
My 2012 F-150 just hit 60,000 miles and the only thing I've done so far is the brakes. I really didn't need to replace them, but we where planning a trip to Colorado and I thought i would be a good idea to have fresh brakes for the mountains. Biggest mistake I made was going with the more expensive, top of the line Wagoner brake pads. They went on super tight, which should have been a big warning right from the start.

The first day I drove it into town, about ten miles, it was raining and when I hit a water puddle, it turned to steam. I slowly made my way to a friends shop and had him take a look. They where so hot that they warped the calipers and caused over $400 in parts that had to be replaced. The manager of ABC Auto said that they had been having a huge issue with Wagoner pads and that they would reimburse me for the parts plus the labor to fix everything.

The problem with Wagoner brake pads is that they make them just a little thicker then factory, they use a metal in them that gets super hot and they cut the pads into different sized section that heat up faster in the small sections and remain hot longer.

A couple weeks later I went back to the store to pick up something and asked about my claim on the brake pads. The manager completely changed his story and denied telling me about all the problems they have had with Wagoner brake pads. My buddy who owns the repair shop couldn't believe it and called the manager himself, and was told the same thing. He never said anything about the brake pads and that they where the best ones out there.

Everything is now Ford brand parts, which seem to be trouble free and working flawlessly. Hopefully the truck lasts to 200,000 miles like the last two Fords did.

I'd contact the manuf of the pads directly Eddie. Something is definitely wrong with those pads, and they should compensate you. If the store sold you the wrong pads (meaning, wrong PN), then a reputable manufacturer may "help them" understand that they need to do the right thing and step up.

I'm more familiar with the electric racks on small cars - at higher mileage they seem to wear out - meaning mechanical slop, and you can always have an electrical fault. The wear mechanism for hydraulic PS is mostly the seals, so long as you keep fluid in 'em, they keep running. New, I find the feel of many electric PS systems to be somewhat vague/less direct, but that is just personal preference.

Rgds, D.

/ Ford F150-I'm Done. #9  

I always try use oem parts. Alot less headache. But what you were told sounds like bs. Wagoner pads have a good reputation. I would suspect that shop messed up.

/ Ford F150-I'm Done. #10  
I installed the Wagoner pads and I took my truck to the shop after I realized there was a problem. Pads are very simple to install. When I brought it in and told them what I had done, the owner of the shop, a client and friend of mine, told me about all the issues he has had with Wagoner parts and that he no longer uses them. It was the owner of the shop that got the manager of the store to tell me about all the problems he had encountered selling them. Then later denied saying any of that to me, and then on the phone to my friend. My guess is that somebody at Wagoner, or up high at ABC explained to him that he better shut up and stop saying what he had been saying.