Wide Load!

/ Wide Load! #1  

Dutch445

Elite Member
Tractor
JD X585
this load originated at the G.E. plant in Schenectady NY,,new style turbine headed to a new power plant in PA.
making good time today, but i guess traffic was a mess up near Albany as
the load snaked it's way down to rt 20 last week.
i believe this is the first of 3 that will make the trek over the next month
reports say the turbine itself is 350,000# , the entire load over 900,000#,
and with push and pull trucks over 350' long!

20170201150015_IMG_1646.JPG

20170201150019_IMG_1647.JPG

20170201150022_IMG_1648.JPG

/ Wide Load! #3  
Recently they brought a transformer down our street that was installed at a 40 acre substation about 1/2 mile from my house. The movers used a self-propelled radio controlled Goldhofer heavy moving apparatus...it was way cool. All hydrostatic drive, it could raise and lower hydraulically and every set of wheels was steerable. When they set the transformer in place they disassembled it and hauled it out piece by piece, about 20 semi loads.

/ Wide Load! #4  
Can't be that heavy, the lead tractor has his drop axle UP:laughing:
That's a heck of a rig right there! I wonder if the 2 guy's about half way back steer some of those "joints" in that trailer combination?

/ Wide Load! #5  
You get more traction on the drives with the lift axle up. It doesn't look like he has much weight on the drives anyway.

/ Wide Load! #7  
Hope the weather stays good for the hauls.

/ Wide Load!
seems the load was parked all day today, not sure what happened, but it's now a day behind schedule.

/ Wide Load! #9  
Everybody worries about garage kept , look how the dealer treats your new machine !

/ Wide Load! #10  
The load was stopped in Cazenovia because they didn't think they could make the turn from Rt20 onto the Apulia Rd to get Rt80. I guess they went straight on Rt20 and down Rt11 as they are now in Tully.