5th gen Dodges, when are they coming out?

/ 5th gen Dodges, when are they coming out? #1  

Newblue

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland TC45DA SS
Looking at between a 3500 and 5500 Ram and would like to get a 5th gen body style. Wondering when they are going to release the new tin.

/ 5th gen Dodges, when are they coming out? #2  
Looking at between a 3500 and 5500 Ram and would like to get a 5th gen body style. Wondering when they are going to release the new tin.
Love my 2016 Ram 2500.

Attachments

• IMG_0345.jpg
    IMG_0345.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 192
  • IMG_0725.jpg
    IMG_0725.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 178
  • IMG_0197.jpg
    IMG_0197.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 188
   / 5th gen Dodges, when are they coming out? #3  
knowing dodge, it'll probably be another 5 years for any significant changes to the current body style...

/ 5th gen Dodges, when are they coming out? #4  

I've read varying dates and not really sure what is true, for the 1500s the 5th gens are rumored to be released for MY19 with the HDs following in late 2019 as 2020 vehicles. Google the 5th gen RAM topic and pick a story :)

Allpar seems to be a respectable site.
219 Ram 15 pickup trucks (DT): What we see coming down the line

Last edited:
   / 5th gen Dodges, when are they coming out? #5  
I dont think its far fetcheched to see the end of the Ram/Cummins relationship.

Ram dont need them like they did in the past. Fiat is capable of building a diesel engine just like they dis for the 1500 series.

/ 5th gen Dodges, when are they coming out? #6  
I think ditching the cummins would be a HUGE mistake.

/ 5th gen Dodges, when are they coming out? #7  
I dont think its far fetcheched to see the end of the Ram/Cummins relationship.

Ram dont need them like they did in the past. Fiat is capable of building a diesel engine just like they dis for the 1500 series.

errmmm.... The Fiat (FPT, Fiat Power Train, formerly Iveco, Industrial Vehicle Company) 6.7 liter used in Case and New Holland tractors, is built with the tooling bought by Fiat from Case IH when the old IH plant in Neuss am Rhein, Germany, was closed and Maxxum production moved to Doncaster, GB with engines built by Cummins UK instead of by Case IH.

Fiat and Cummins had a joint venture on this engine, after an earlier deal between Fiat and Nissan to replace Fiats aging small truck engines, didnt yield result before the 1996 TIER 1 emission stage. The Iveco Tector 5.9 engines used in the EuroCargo trucks were identical to Cummins 6BT5.9

Later, when Case was sold to Fiat subsidiary New Holland, Fiat stopped paying royalties to Cummins because they now owned Cases share in the Consolidated Diesel Corporation, the Case-Cummins joint venture that developed and built the B and C series Cummins engines. Cummins was pissed off about this and patented all modifications done to the 5,9 to make it a 6,7 (look up Google Patents: many Cummins patents seem totally pointless because they specifically apply to -modifications- to the B series engine design: pointless, unless you know Fiat also owns the rights to the original B series design through Case IH) so the Cummins engine had its bore and stroke enlarged from 102x120mm to 106x124mm, where the Fiat version of the same block, had 104x132mm bore and stroke.

Although i dislike Fiat products for their shabby plastic parts and electronics (New Holland tractors, Iveco trucks) i like their 6.7 over the Cummins, only because of the emission strategy: FPT uses just clean air, no EGR nor DPF, just DEF. And because t breathes clean air, they can do the same power and even better transient response, with just a wastegated turbo, and no variable turbo.

Caterpillar Marine also has a joint venture with FPT for this engine, the 500hp versions for powerboats, Cat cannot get that much power from a Perkins based 7.2 liter engine with their EGR/DPF based emission technology. Instead they rebadge FPT marine engines, which do it much easier by not cramming exhaust gas back into that little (for the power) engine, rated at 500hp at 3000rpm.

So short said, Fiat replaced the Cummins in the Case tractor line with their own extrapolation of the original Case/Cummins B series engine, and undoubtedly when the spirits are ripe, the Ram truck will also get its Cummins replaced by a Fiat built B series engine...

/ 5th gen Dodges, when are they coming out? #8  
errmmm.... The Fiat (FPT, Fiat Power Train, formerly Iveco, Industrial Vehicle Company) 6.7 liter used in Case and New Holland tractors, is built with the tooling bought by Fiat from Case IH when the old IH plant in Neuss am Rhein, Germany, was closed and Maxxum production moved to Doncaster, GB with engines built by Cummins UK instead of by Case IH.

Fiat and Cummins had a joint venture on this engine, after an earlier deal between Fiat and Nissan to replace Fiats aging small truck engines, didnt yield result before the 1996 TIER 1 emission stage. The Iveco Tector 5.9 engines used in the EuroCargo trucks were identical to Cummins 6BT5.9

Later, when Case was sold to Fiat subsidiary New Holland, Fiat stopped paying royalties to Cummins because they now owned Cases share in the Consolidated Diesel Corporation, the Case-Cummins joint venture that developed and built the B and C series Cummins engines. Cummins was pissed off about this and patented all modifications done to the 5,9 to make it a 6,7 (look up Google Patents: many Cummins patents seem totally pointless because they specifically apply to -modifications- to the B series engine design: pointless, unless you know Fiat also owns the rights to the original B series design through Case IH) so the Cummins engine had its bore and stroke enlarged from 102x120mm to 106x124mm, where the Fiat version of the same block, had 104x132mm bore and stroke.

Although i dislike Fiat products for their shabby plastic parts and electronics (New Holland tractors, Iveco trucks) i like their 6.7 over the Cummins, only because of the emission strategy: FPT uses just clean air, no EGR nor DPF, just DEF. And because t breathes clean air, they can do the same power and even better transient response, with just a wastegated turbo, and no variable turbo.

Caterpillar Marine also has a joint venture with FPT for this engine, the 500hp versions for powerboats, Cat cannot get that much power from a Perkins based 7.2 liter engine with their EGR/DPF based emission technology. Instead they rebadge FPT marine engines, which do it much easier by not cramming exhaust gas back into that little (for the power) engine, rated at 500hp at 3000rpm.

So short said, Fiat replaced the Cummins in the Case tractor line with their own extrapolation of the original Case/Cummins B series engine, and undoubtedly when the spirits are ripe, the Ram truck will also get its Cummins replaced by a Fiat built B series engine...

Agreed! The FPT 6.7 makes complete sense, wont hurt Dodge at all.

/ 5th gen Dodges, when are they coming out? #10  
Having owned a Cummins and being on the forums some for Cummins, they have kind of a mystic. Big mistake to end that. I predict it won't end but it wouldn't surprise me.