Tie down point on compact tractor

/ Tie down point on compact tractor #1  

joe04785

Silver Member
Tractor
XR3037
Hey everyone, I know this has been brought up before and I have done a lot of searching on the internet, but I'm trying to figure out ideas for tie down points on compact tractor. I'm looking for pictures to give me ideas. I'm trying to decide if I want to weld a chain hook to a flat plat of steel and then bolt it to the frame of the tractor or do something else. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

/ Tie down point on compact tractor #2  
I bolted a couple D-rings to my brush guard and use a twisted clevis on the rear as tie down points.

Attachments

• DSCN1101 (Small).JPG
    DSCN1101 (Small).JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 869
  • DSCN1081 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1081 (Medium).JPG
    196.9 KB · Views: 673
   / Tie down point on compact tractor #3  
My tractor has hooks on the rear welded from the factory.

On the front i welded hooks to plate steel then drilled it to fit the factory holes that also attached the FEL

/ Tie down point on compact tractor #4  
I was going to weld D-rings to the front section of frame that sticks out, but it turns out mine sticks out far enough that I just toss the chain through it and voila, a solid tie down. I too use a clevis through the drawbar, but I use a straight one. :)

/ Tie down point on compact tractor #5  
Why not just run the chain through the bumper?

/ Tie down point on compact tractor #6  
I bolted a 9" loop of chain on the front on both sides. I usually hook to the 3 point or the drawbar mount on the back.

/ Tie down point on compact tractor #7  
As I remember, when my tractor was new and delivered - they had it chained down to the tilt-bed truck with five chains - one around each axle, at the wheel, and the fifth chain held the bucket down. There are no welded D-rings or hooks anywhere on the tractor.

I know I marveled at the simplicity, at the time, but now I'll be darned if I can remember how the driver did it. Each chain had a ratchet clamp for ultimate tightness and the manner that the chain engaged the axle was unique in that it was secure and would cause no damage to any components.

Probably one of the major reasons I didn't take the time to commit it to permanent memory is that I will never be transporting my tractor by truck or trailer. It has been and always will be a stay-at-home tractor.

/ Tie down point on compact tractor #8  
I use straps that are carefully placed over/under the front and rear axle. I am agile and can weave the strap through the tractor axles to the D-rings at each corner. Rub points are cushioned with some old towels. Didn't have to modify anything for my B2620. This serves for mounting with only the MMM attached. FEL uses another strap. I don't have a Rear mower.505.JPG509.JPG

/ Tie down point on compact tractor #9  
I had a couple D rungs welded to the back of my ROPS. It allows me to go over anything that may be attached to the rear of the tractor without grief. Also welded a couple at the front of the grill guard.

/ Tie down point on compact tractor #10  
I use axle straps on each of the axles since there are very limited tie down options on my Max 26XL. I have used a similar style but lighter duty of "soft hooks" on atv's and motorcycles for years to avoid any damages and have never had any issues with them either.

Here is what I have for the tractor. SmartStraps Axle Strap, 21 in., 1, lb. at Tractor Supply Co.