Which Trailer

/ Which Trailer #11  
I assume you plan on hauling the shredder sideways and disconnected from the tractor?

/ Which Trailer #12  
I assume you plan on hauling the shredder sideways and disconnected from the tractor?

Is that really necessary? We are allowed 14' for implents of husbandry IIRC in PA. I've hauled my MX10 10' mounted to the tractor several times a year and I never get a second look.

OP, I'd be really careful looking at a 20' trailer, that sounds a touch short to me, I would measure the tractor and mower to see where you are at, and don't forget that the tractor is either going to be way up front, or way in the back, and you are going to have to figure out how to balance the load accordingly. I have a fixed 20' flat section on my GN and the tractor without the loader and the brushhog just hanging over the beavertail fits pretty well. (going off of memory here a bit) I do have a substantial amount of tongue weight doing this since the tractor is almost entirely in front of the trailer axles but the 17k rear axle of the truck could careless. (800lb suitcase weight, wheel weights, and loaded rears) YMMV. :thumbsup:

/ Which Trailer #13  
around here you need a permit for a load greater than 102" UNLESS used for farming. i don't know how the powers that be would look at it if it was on a trailer.

they make pierced frame deck overs which lower the deck height several inches

the driver over fender trailers have stout fenders whether or not the would flex, bend, crack with the stress from transporting a tractor i have no idea.

/ Which Trailer #14  
Is that really necessary? We are allowed 14' for implents of husbandry IIRC in PA.

I have no idea about each state but I think many allow you over width on implements if they are being pulled down the road with a tractor but this exemption does not extend to cover implements on a trailer. Might check it out in your state before you buy a trailer.

/ Which Trailer #15  
I currently have a F150 but will be upgrading to a 3/4 ton or maybe a 1 ton. I have a good lead on a nice deck over trailer. It is a bit overkill but I think for the money it is the better option. It is a three axle goose neck trailer that is 30' long and tilts. The wheels need to be replaced and bearings need to be looked over, but the trailer can be purchased for 2500.00 cash.

Check the laws in your state. A three axle trailer likely has a GVWR of 21,000 lb. Coupled with any truck that puts you over 26k. Most likely will not need a CDL just hauling your tractor around but you may very well need a Class A non commercial license.

/ Which Trailer #16  
Check the laws in your state. A three axle trailer likely has a GVWR of 21,000 lb. Coupled with any truck that puts you over 26k. Most likely will not need a CDL just hauling your tractor around but you may very well need a Class A non commercial license.

Put farm plates on it and stay in the state!