New Truck demo discount

/ New Truck demo discount #11  
We bought a Tahoe once that was a dealer vehicle. The factory warranty started the day the dealer put it in service so when we got it the vehicle was already 12 months and 5000 miles into the warranty. If your Ford warranty would be the same situation then $2000 isn't enough compensation.
Many years ago with my demo, the warranty started when the car was titled. SWMBO likes new cars and that warranty starts at mileage when titled

/ New Truck demo discount #12  
I bought a 2016 this year with 340 miles and saved 30% off list.

/ New Truck demo discount #13  
I just bought a F150, a leftover 2017 and got around 10k off in incentives and discounts. I’d expect more than that on a demo. We bought a demo once, and the warranty started the day we bought and so did the warranty mileage.

/ New Truck demo discount #14  
To use the dealers own words, Vehicles depreciate 25% the minute they leave the dealership, so there is a good starting point.
Now being a demo means many different drivers and that for me is another negative selling point as those demo drivers can be abusive in that they can do all kinds of wrong maneuvers while learning how things work.

Now I rather like off lease vehicles with low mileage but would never buy a short term rental car.
Actually I learned that rentals never get any service of any kind, they get flipped, like at 6 months, counting on the factory warranty to protect them.
I would doubt if any short term car ever even had a dip stick checked for oil.

/ New Truck demo discount #15  
Can't pull up 2018's on KBB. I agree, 2k is offensive. I was thinking more along 5 to 6k... It is a loaded Lariat, screw, fx4 with equipment group 502A. Long bed, 6.5 ft. Exactly what I'm looking for, but it is used...

What about Edmund's, or try looking at AutoTrader for a similar used truck. Jon

/ New Truck demo discount #16  
A demo is typically driven by a manager at dealer, not many people. The demo is 2018, you will not get same discount as they are giving on 2017

/ New Truck demo discount #17  
A demo is typically driven by a manager at dealer, not many people. The demo is 2018, you will not get same discount as they are giving on 2017

Agreed..Bought a 2013 Denali 1500 when the '14s came out..55K sticker, got for somewhere around 42k. 3k miles and sales manager driven.

Advantage of a demo: they are financed as new cars which saves on the finance charges. A used, titled 5K mile truck is generally (not always) sold as used, ergo a higher rate.

/ New Truck demo discount #18  
Don't know about Ford, but with Chevy and GMC, a 'demo' to us usually means it was put into the 'courtesy transportation program' aka 'loaner' program, i.e. while your vehicle is in for service, you can drive one of our 2017 or 18 models. These vehicles are in that program for up to 3000 miles approx. After that, they are put on the lot as 'Demo' vehicles. The price tag is dropped roughly $2,000 by GM.

As for the warranty, it is 1,000 miles off the odometer. So, the warranty on Chevy and GMC is 3 years / 36,000 miles. If a demo has 2,900 miles on it, the warranty is 3 years / 34,100 (36,000 - 2,900 + 1,000) miles on it.

The 1,000 mile off odometer is because many vehicles are driven to the dealership from the factory instead of trucked to it. Also, dealerships trade vehicles with other dealerships all the time. GM makes the 1,000 allowance to cover that purpose.

/ New Truck demo discount
Don't know about Ford, but with Chevy and GMC, a 'demo' to us usually means it was put into the 'courtesy transportation program' aka 'loaner' program, i.e. while your vehicle is in for service, you can drive one of our 2017 or 18 models. These vehicles are in that program for up to 3000 miles approx. After that, they are put on the lot as 'Demo' vehicles. The price tag is dropped roughly $2,000 by GM.

As for the warranty, it is 1,000 miles off the odometer. So, the warranty on Chevy and GMC is 3 years / 36,000 miles. If a demo has 2,900 miles on it, the warranty is 3 years / 34,100 (36,000 - 2,900 + 1,000) miles on it.

The 1,000 mile off odometer is because many vehicles are driven to the dealership from the factory instead of trucked to it. Also, dealerships trade vehicles with other dealerships all the time. GM makes the 1,000 allowance to cover that purpose.

The story on this one is the Dealers father used the truck for a few months. He also towed it behind his RV bus... Not sure how many miles this truck actually " rolled " down the road...

/ New Truck demo discount #20  
The story on this one is the Dealers father used the truck for a few months. He also towed it behind his RV bus... Not sure how many miles this truck actually " rolled " down the road...
Walk away, better safe then save a dollar.