New Truck demo discount

/ New Truck demo discount #21  
Which dealer is it?

Most I know around here would discount it more. If you find one in Salem a fleet guy I know may be able to help

/ New Truck demo discount #22  
It is amazing the difference in dealer actions in one area verses another. Here dealer loaner cars are kept until late fall and then sold with big discounts. Demo cars are driven by managers and sold with a couple of thousand miles with much smaller discount

/ New Truck demo discount #23  
Well the dealership got to write off milage reimbursement for those 5000 miles. Here is the table, for 2017 it was $.535. So that comes out to $2,675 (5,000*.535).

Standard Mileage Rates | Internal Revenue Service

Now comes the tricky part, how much to add depreciation into the calculation. If the above statement is correct that depreciation is 25% when driven off the lot, then you can take an additional $1,250 (5000*.25).

So the total cost of the dealership driving it for 5,000 would be 2,675 + 1,250 = $3,925. That is a cost to the dealership of $.785 per mile driven. I think that is a fair number to hold to.

/ New Truck demo discount #24  
Well the dealership got to write off milage reimbursement for those 5000 miles. Here is the table, for 2017 it was $.535. So that comes out to $2,675 (5,000*.535).

Standard Mileage Rates | Internal Revenue Service

Now comes the tricky part, how much to add depreciation into the calculation. If the above statement is correct that depreciation is 25% when driven off the lot, then you can take an additional $1,250 (5000*.25).

So the total cost of the dealership driving it for 5,000 would be 2,675 + 1,250 = $3,925. That is a cost to the dealership of $.785 per mile driven. I think that is a fair number to hold to.
I think they mean 25% off the entire price since it is now used instead of new.
Even though it's titled as new, it's used by someone.

/ New Truck demo discount #25  
Buy a new one, put 5000 miles on it, and take it back to see what they give you for trade in.

There's your starting number.

(my guess is $5-6K like you're thinking)

/ New Truck demo discount
Which dealer is it?

Most I know around here would discount it more. If you find one in Salem a fleet guy I know may be able to help

I have kept the same dealer in NC for 10 years, probably have bought 8 trucks from him between me and wifey. I have always thought he treated me right till now. Who is the dealer in Salem ?

/ New Truck demo discount
Buy a new one, put 5000 miles on it, and take it back to see what they give you for trade in.

There's your starting number.

(my guess is $5-6K like you're thinking)

I think you are right... I'm starting to think he wants me to pay for his Dad's miles on this truck...

/ New Truck demo discount #28  
My buddy just bought fully loaded 2018 platinum ecoboost, but the deal was clouded with a high dollar trade in. IIRC, the trade in was valued at $49K and the new truck was close to $58K after dealing. He bought it from a fleet dealer in Houston.

He likes the massage seats. LOL.

/ New Truck demo discount #29  
I bought a leftover 2016 Lariat Loaded back in March of 2017. At the time most dealers were offering $10,000 off and 0% APR. some dealers would take about $7,000 off with 0%. The truck I bought was a dealer demo, owner of dealer drove it. It probably never had a passenger in it. There was 6,000 miles on the odometer. Sticker was close to $66,000 I paid $52,000. As far as the warranty went the 3 years started when I bought it but the 6,000 miles falls under the 36,000 mile warranty. So I only have 30,000 to put on the bumper to bumper warranty.

/ New Truck demo discount #30  
Farrell Ford but maybe CrossRoads Ford in Raleigh Jack McNair fleet sales great guy to deal with