Trailer with fork attachment storage

/ Trailer with fork attachment storage #1  

mcfarmall

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M5660, Farmall C, JD 260 lawn tractor
Anybody here have a trailer with fork pockets along the side of the trailer for storing your fork attachment in transit? I saw one somewhere but can't recall the brand of trailer or any other specifics. You simply approach the trailer from the side, insert the fork attachment into the pockets, release the SSQA and back the tractor away. There was a nylon strap or some other means of keeping the fork attachment from sliding out of the pocket while under way.

Pictures encouraged!

/ Trailer with fork attachment storage #2  
Anybody here have a trailer with fork pockets along the side of the trailer for storing your fork attachment in transit? I saw one somewhere but can't recall the brand of trailer or any other specifics. You simply approach the trailer from the side, insert the fork attachment into the pockets, release the SSQA and back the tractor away. There was a nylon strap or some other means of keeping the fork attachment from sliding out of the pocket while under way.

Pictures encouraged!

Hi
I dont have it but most makers Load trail ,Big Tex , PJ offfer it Strap or Chain to hold it in place DOT Rules

/ Trailer with fork attachment storage #3  
Haven't seen one myself, but have heard about them here on TBN. Thinking about trying to weld some onto my new power deck over tilting deck. Haven't looked at clearances or the hydraulics being an obstacle yet. Also worked about width as my deck over is pretty wide already.

/ Trailer with fork attachment storage #4  
Haven't seen one myself, but have heard about them here on TBN. Thinking about trying to weld some onto my new power deck over tilting deck. Haven't looked at clearances or the hydraulics being an obstacle yet. Also worked about width as my deck over is pretty wide already.

If you can keep the overall width under 102", including whatever part of the forks are beyond the deck edge, you will be legal.
Many deck over trailers are already at 102", so under deck fork storage would exceed the legal width.

/ Trailer with fork attachment storage #5  
I've have two trailers with fork pockets. One is a Load Trail Dump trailer, the other is a Cam Superline.
They can be a challenge sometimes to insert into the pockets as the visability with a tractor can be less than optimal. But they're super handy.

Matt

/ Trailer with fork attachment storage #6  
Had one on a Hudson. Worked decent unless the Bobcat wasn't sitting parallel to the trailer. More than once Had a hard time getting them out. Have to be careful with the fork frame sitting out from trailer.

Last edited:
   / Trailer with fork attachment storage #8  
Here are some pics of mine. It is a SureTrac and I just use a chain and binder to hold the forks on.

PICT0044.JPGPICT0032.JPGPICT0050.JPGfront close up.jpg

/ Trailer with fork attachment storage
Thanks for the pictures and input. I can see how it might be difficult to spear the trailer if the ground is uneven, also the width restrictions on a 102" trailer. I'll have to buy a gooseneck and put the forks on the upper deck.