Ordered a Lamar equipment trailer yesterday

/ Ordered a Lamar equipment trailer yesterday #1  

RyeThomas

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4510
So I have posted in the JD forum but I will catch you guys up. A few weeks ago I scored a JD 4510 with 460 loader, 6 Cutter and rake, Power Reverser, MFWD, from the original owner with 178 hours on her. Well I guickly realized my 16 Cam Superline trailer just could not haul it all, it has plenty of capacity at 14k but not enough length.

Well I have gone round and round the last few weeks trying to figure out what to buy. Almost purchased a 20+5 deckover gooseneck but even the expensive ones with the lower deck are still at 33-35 deck height. I decided instead to get another low pro. I shopped for awhile then found Lamar trailers. They are not the cheapest but when you look at the specs they give you more standard that the others guys charge for. When it all adds up optioned out with the other guys you get more trailer for less.
So I ordered a 22 foot 14k capacity, low pro with 3 Self Cleaning Dovetail, full width spring assisted wedge ramps. It comes with full rub rail and stake pockets all over, sealed modular lifetime leds, 2 speed drop leg jack vs the terrible marine style junk, powder coat vs acrylic paint, easy to remove fenders. Hope it turns out to be a good one and worth the wait. Won稚 be In Till mid January.

B76E9EF9-BB0C-45CD-BC82-501A54040DD8.jpeg7D5470CC-2387-4968-8EB1-EA2FBDB386FE.jpegBF919698-9B6E-4475-8A0A-705BB7F37F14.jpeg74F35257-6DA8-4FF7-8C6E-5FE5DE7CACF2.jpeg

/ Ordered a Lamar equipment trailer yesterday #2  
Very nice trailer.:thumbsup: No Lamar dealers around here I bought a Load trail 22 foot tilt deck

/ Ordered a Lamar equipment trailer yesterday
Thank you sir.

I looked at a tilt, but because I’ve never had one I was hesitant. I decided to go with the low pro fixed deck instead. I’m a creature of habit, lol.

/ Ordered a Lamar equipment trailer yesterday #4  
That's a good looking unit - I see you're also in NoVa, where did you have it ordered from? The nearest dealer on the website shows Carlisle or Pittsburg, PA

/ Ordered a Lamar equipment trailer yesterday #5  
Whats the empty weigth looks about 4000 . My tilt deck is 5000

Yeah I picked up my Dump Trailer From Best Choice in Carlisle. I was looking used but I figured whatever I save could end up being an easy $1k in tires, bearings, etc.
I called them up and got a few options and opinions, decided to go with the Lamar.

They show the empty weight of the H6 20 foot at 2950. So add 2’, Self cleaning metal dove, and the weight of the full width ramps. I would guess and I have no data to back it up but add 600lbs? 3550???

/ Ordered a Lamar equipment trailer yesterday #7  
Yeah I picked up my Dump Trailer From Best Choice in Carlisle. I was looking used but I figured whatever I save could end up being an easy $1k in tires, bearings, etc.
I called them up and got a few options and opinions, decided to go with the Lamar.

They show the empty weight of the H6 20 foot at 2950. So add 2’, Self cleaning metal dove, and the weight of the full width ramps. I would guess and I have no data to back it up but add 600lbs? 3550???

In my opinion your LOW DECK equipment trailer is definitely the way to go!
A lower trailer deck enhances towing stability, due to the lower center of gravity of your load.
I am curious about the "easy to remove fenders".
Why?
The tires are still well above the deck height, so even without fenders, side loading will not be much improved.
Your trailer looks great!
I have a 14K low deck 20' equipment trailer (mfg. by Quality Steel & Aluminum) that I bought 2 years ago.
Bought mine new also, but I opted for best price. Thus, it is not quite as fancy, but I only use it several times each year.
Best to keep a wood deck stored inside when not in use, to avoid unnecessary weathering.

Maybe it is a marketing ploy, I am not sure how much height/width removing the fenders would pick up or take away. I can check it out and report back once I have it.

/ Ordered a Lamar equipment trailer yesterday #9  
Good looking trailer. About the only extra you might need is a winch on the front for recovery.

/ Ordered a Lamar equipment trailer yesterday #10  
Maybe it is a marketing ploy, I am not sure how much height/width removing the fenders would pick up or take away. I can check it out and report back once I have it.
Usually, its to make enough room to slip out the door of a vehicle.

Aaron Z