Lamar Dump Trailer

/ Lamar Dump Trailer #11  
What is the clearance issue with the higher deck?

/ Lamar Dump Trailer
What is the clearance issue with the higher deck?

Bottom of backhoe swing frame bottoms out. With 24" deck height only an inch clearance.

/ Lamar Dump Trailer #13  
Couldn’t you use longer ramps?

/ Lamar Dump Trailer #14  
Longer ramps can be a pain and may not mount up depending how they are mounted. I had to use my dump exclusively until I could afford an equipment trailer. I found park tow vehicle down hill even when it is not convenient, next raise the dump and watch the break over till it is at its lowest angle, then load. Machines with belly mowers or low sitting zero turns were the worst but I made it work. It was a pain so I purchased an equipment trailer.

/ Lamar Dump Trailer #15  
Can you dump the trailer part way to lower the back?

/ Lamar Dump Trailer #16  
That’s what I’m saying, it helps but only to a point.

Still won’t help the OP with bucket clearance to the back of his truck with such a short front on the trailer.

/ Lamar Dump Trailer
I believe the 6 foot ramp length is about as long as you can go without a different design to increase strength. Then stowage is another factor, not to mention extra weight.

Last edited:
   / Lamar Dump Trailer #18  
Good point, I am still plenty strong but every time I have to pull the ramps off the side I loath it. Then I say some choice 4 letter words putting them back.

/ Lamar Dump Trailer #19  
The mega ramps on my big tex are great, right up until you have to fold them back up. The best advice I have in the subject is to do it fast. Once you loose momentum and spring assist they’re HEAVY.

/ Lamar Dump Trailer
Update
The folks at LAMAR Trailers are building me a trailer with a 5' tongue. In addition they are adding a couple of extra goodies to the trailer. And to top it off they are splitting the cost of my travel expenses running up and down the interstate. Needless to say, I'm most satisfied, and appreciative.