F150 Diesel

/ F150 Diesel #21  
Apparently is no rumor. I just got a message on my FordPass app on the phone about the introduction of the diesel F150.

/ F150 Diesel #22  
I would lean against it for my uses. I love my Dodge/Cummins, but at least here in California diesel is more expensive, and now has even more tax. Gas motors have gotten a lot better; I don't think the average user gets the advantage we used to get from diesel.

/ F150 Diesel #23  
You sure about that? We paid ~28k for our crew cab EcoDiesel, last I looked at the 2500 they were in the 40k range before adding a diesel.

Yes, absolutely sure. My 17 Ram msrp was $48,000, but I got it for less.

Cummins has a better track record than the VM Motori Eco Diesel.

/ F150 Diesel #24  
Has anyone driven or herd info about the Nissan Cummin's diesel - curious to here any real world stories.

The Nissan gets poor fuel economy and does not tow more than any other 1/2 ton gasser. The gas Titan blew the doors off of the diesel Titan on the Ike Gauntlet by The Fast Lane Truck in a head to head towing competition.

/ F150 Diesel #25  
Has anyone driven or herd info about the Nissan Cummin's diesel - curious to here any real world stories.

I watched a video from a PowerStoke specialty shop that pretty much scared me off of any desire to own a 2008- and newer diesel. I did not know a failed urea pump can shell a diesel engine among other issues. They claimed the 6.4L designed by International is at best a 150K engine and is largely not rebuildable.

I need to find a Dodge or GM special shop to confirm the scary stuff happening to diesels through the emissions systems.

/ F150 Diesel #26  
Well for one GM did not use urea until 2011. They still used diesel injection in dpf on LMM engines. Urea started with LML engines, and frankly I have not heard of a single urea pump failure. Does not mean it did not happen. Would be interesting to see why they think a pump that injects into the exhaust stream could ruin an engine. Cause it to go into limp mode maybe.

You might be right about the V8's gs the 3.5 going away. Kinda sad to see an icon of engine design going away.

Diesel in CA went up because this stupid state is so in love with electric cars they want diesels off the road. I will rrive a diesel until I cannot drive any more. If I stop towing I will buy a diesel car of 1/2 ton truck.

There are a number of diesel engines in ag use that meet tier 4 levels without urea, I am waiting for them to figure it out for road engines. Diesel emmissions are now where gas engines were in the late 80's and early 90's.

The power these truck engines produce and still run clean is nothing short of amazing. Much to dismay of the greenies they are not going away, just getting cleaner and stronger. The EPA's hope was to force them out of existance IMHO so so places like France and UK are now resorting to legislation to ban them.

/ F150 Diesel #27  
I watched a video from a PowerStoke specialty shop that pretty much scared me off of any desire to own a 2008- and newer diesel. I did not know a failed urea pump can shell a diesel engine among other issues. They claimed the 6.4L designed by International is at best a 150K engine and is largely not rebuildable.

I need to find a Dodge or GM special shop to confirm the scary stuff happening to diesels through the emissions systems.

Bill at powerstroke help.com is despised on the powerstroke forums. He sells doom and gloom, so people will come crawling on their hands and knees so he can fix their truck. But after that truck leaves his shop, never a worry again.

I have had every single motor they have put in powerstrokes. My favorite is the 6.0, the 6.4 was a monster deleted and tuned, the 7.3 was reliable as a clock, and the 6.7 is the best of them all. If you don't understand what you're driving, a diesel will cost you money.

I've never had a problem and the 6.7 is pretty reliable now with all the emissions. The oem's are figuring it out.

/ F150 Diesel #28  
Everybody's engine has flaws, thankfully the big three are figuring it out. Cummins got it's reputation before emmisions were an issue. The one advantahe they still have is realitive simplicity and maintenance. Other than that I believe Ford and GM sre quickly closing that reliability gap.

/ F150 Diesel #29  

I would run from that shop. The 6.4 never had DEF (urea). So I guess they are all going to fail at some point. DEF started on powerstrokes in 2011 with the Ford built 6.7L.

/ F150 Diesel #30  
I am not really a Ford fan, but I highly doubt the 3.5 ecoboost gasser will be phased out anytime soon. Ford just totally clean slate redesigned the 3.5 eco in 2017 so much so that it shares very little in common with the 1st generation 3.5 eco other than the 3.5 liter displacement size. If they were thinking about phasing it out they would have likely kept the previous version of it around 2 more years more instead of totally redoing it. More articles and rumors about Ford eventually dropping the V8 gasser in trucks than anything else. I think that is more likely than dropping the 3.5 eco IMOP and also think that it would be a mistake by Ford to ever drop the V8,

Why did they redesigned the 3.5? Makes me suspicious. I have to get a new truck in April, and I have the 5 L V8 now, and was thinking about getting one of the eco-boost engines next time. But now…