F150 Diesel

/ F150 Diesel #2  
I think I'm in love.

/ F150 Diesel #3  
wouldn't go near it in the first year of production. may to lease but no way i'd buy it

/ F150 Diesel #4  
Ford will sell a bunch of the f150 diesels.They had to keep up with the 1/2 ton 1500 ram diesel.Bet chevy will be next.

/ F150 Diesel #5  
I'll bet you are right coobie

/ F150 Diesel #6  
I don't buy their reasoning for availability ONLY in the high end models. Mistake in my opinion. I wonder how many Ecoboost customers will switch over, from the 3.5? They quoted a $4000 jump over the 2.7, but didn't quote vs the 3.5. Actually am a bit surprised since many Ford owners like to brag that Ford didn't need a diesel since they had the Ecoboost.

Glad they did it. Now it's GM's turn.

It HAS to be economics of using a pre-existing engine, but I have always felt a 4.0 diesel would be ideal for a 1/2 ton TOWING truck. Something in the 275hp-500lb tq range. A small inline 6 would be preferable.

One trend I do NOT like on the newer trucks is tucking the engine so far under the dash that major work is an automatic body removal. I wonder how long they will go before adding an exhaust brake, even using the VGT? 11,000lbs is a lot of load to use only engine braking. I know because I added a turbo brake to my Duramax after towing without one. Night and day difference. I know they CLAIM the engine is enough, but I disagree, unless you like shifting up and down a lot, and using the service brakes.

Still glad they did it. GM needs one in the Sierra line. The little Colorado 4 banger just does not compare to this or the Ram offering.

I like the 2000lb payload with the diesel. It might TRULY be a 1/2 ton that can tow a light 5th wheel. Ram needs to up it's payload on the 1500 to compete. Glad another diesel is in the mix.

/ F150 Diesel #7  
Looks like the numbers are in line with the 2.7 Ecoboost, but will cost you $4,000 more. The benefits will be higher payload and lowing than the smaller Ecoboost, and higher MPGs than the bigger Ecoboost. It will fit the need for some, but not most. 5% take rate means they know this going in.

/ F150 Diesel #8  
You might be right, but my guess is one of the Eco Boost options will go bye bye. I bet it's the 3.5.

/ F150 Diesel
$2,400 premium over the 3.5-liter EcoBoost V-6. Fleet customers only will be able to order the engine on XL and XLT SuperCab or SuperCrew cabs with 6.5- or 8.0-foot beds (fleet pricing wasn’t shared).

/ F150 Diesel #10  
I'd love to get a diesel in a 1/2 ton although I'm hesitant based on the horror stories I hear from some around here that own the newer diesels with all the emissions garbage. 4 figure repair bills are not uncommon. My last diesel was pre-emissions and I loved that thing.