How To Buy A New Chevrolet Truck?

/ How To Buy A New Chevrolet Truck? #1  

CADplans

Elite Member
Tractor
584 IH 4WD
My SIL purchased his Toyota van on-line last year, so I figured I would try that,,,

I want a Chevy 2500HD, 4WD,,, and I am pretty open to features.

Has anyone tried to search for a Chevy (or GMC, the sites are identical)?

The website is USELESS!!

I even tried to use it through "chat", every response was "we can not do that"

The search is limited to about two dealers from your zipcode.
That alone crucified the search,,,

I search for a 2500HD, 6.0 engine, no other requirements, I get 4 results, from 3 dealers.

If I go to GMC, I find they only have crew cab trucks in Virginia,,,
I have to select a zipcode near West Virginia for "double cab" to even show up as a choice,,,

WOW,, I feel like I was in 1991,,,

Any recommendations on how to find a Chevy truck??

Even the pictures are computer generated,,, NO photos at all.
The computer generated images make chrome look like gray paint,,,

/ How To Buy A New Chevrolet Truck? #2  
I drive to the dealers and look around , If its raining out you don't get bothered by salesmen.

/ How To Buy A New Chevrolet Truck? #3  
When I bought my 2500HD CC 4x4 6.0L two years ago I just went to my local dealer. He had several on the lot. Made the deal and picked up the next day.

/ How To Buy A New Chevrolet Truck?
When I bought my 2500HD CC 4x4 6.0L two years ago I just went to my local dealer. He had several on the lot. Made the deal and picked up the next day.

I did try that with 2 different dealers. Neither had a 4.10 axle equipped truck,,,
they are ordering them as play toys, not as useful on the farm type trucks.

Actually, neither dealer knew the 4.10 axle was available!! :confused2:

I was educating them,, and trust me, I have not looked at the trucks in a decade.

Our local dealers are REALLY sad,,, They do have a nice selection of +$70K 2500HD play toys,,,

/ How To Buy A New Chevrolet Truck? #5  
The one and only time we ever bought a new car was 1989. We went to the dealer on a Sunday when they were closed, picked out the one we wanted, went to the credit union on Monday and told them the VIN#. They contacted the dealer and got a price. We agreed to the price and the car was delivered to the credit union, where we picked it up. We were within $500 +- of the average purchase price paid for that car. So, we didn't get a great deal. We didn't get screwed. And we didn't have to talk to the dealer, which was great! :thumbsup:

Never bought a new car since. Always buy 1-3 years old and let someone else eat the depreciation.

/ How To Buy A New Chevrolet Truck? #6  
I bought my 2006 Chevy Trailblazer online. Visited all the local dealers in CT, several had the exact model and color I wanted. None would deal. They all rejected my offer and let me walk out the door. I went online, and emailed 3 dealers in NH who had the same model and color. All 3 accepted my price, and one offered it for lower. I drove to NH in a snowstorm and picked up the Trailblazer. When I arrived, the dealer told me GM was running a special one day sale, and the price went down another $500. I left the dealer with a new SUV and a check for $500! The Trailblazer now has a little over 100K on it, no body rust and I plan to keep it until I have enough money to trade it in for a new pickup in 5-10 years.

The one and only time we ever bought a new car was 1989.
Never bought a new car since. Always buy 1-3 years old and let someone else eat the depreciation.

That works well with a car, but, not a 2500HD truck.
At 3 years old, the truck can have 90% of its life abused out of it,, and the price is down 15%,,, :thumbdown:

/ How To Buy A New Chevrolet Truck? #8  
That works well with a car, but, not a 2500HD truck.
At 3 years old, the truck can have 90% of its life abused out of it,, and the price is down 15%,,, :thumbdown:

Take a ride up here Banks chevy has them:)

/ How To Buy A New Chevrolet Truck? #9  
Sounds like you might be more interested in a work truck. I bought a 3500HD 4x4 crew cab chassis with flatbed that was a leftover and had slight hail damage last year and it was a great deal. If you're wanting a work truck, find the local dealer that has the largest fleet/commercial inventory. lots of times they'll have some scratch and dents that they just want to move.

What I like about the work trucks is they have all the safety and mechanical features (even more so then the LT model in some cases), just not the frills. I have auto headlights, heater mirrors, Apple car play, cruise control, high idle etc. The only things I wish mine had was steering wheel volume control and climate control, but neither are a big deal that I can't live without them. I love the rubber floor and vinyl seats (you can also get cloth on a work truck).

I have other vehicles that have the frills if I need them for taking out the wife and kids or clients. But for a work truck, give me bare bones any day. With mine already having a few hail dings, I don't even cringe if I scratch or dent it. :laughing:

Sounds like you might be more interested in a work truck. I bought a 3500HD 4x4 crew cab chassis with flatbed that was a leftover and had slight hail damage last year and it was a great deal. If you're wanting a work truck, find the local dealer that has the largest fleet/commercial inventory. lots of times they'll have some scratch and dents that they just want to move.

With mine already having a few hail dings, I don't even cringe if I scratch or dent it. :laughing:

I tried to search for those,,,
rather than a discount, Berglund wants $9K ABOVE MSRP,,, that is crazy.
New Chevy & Buick Dealership | Used Car Dealer in Roanoke VA
The "chat professional" that interrupts your search could not answer any questions,,,, again,,,