Hiring someone to haul tractor

/ Hiring someone to haul tractor #1  

tums20

Tractor
Kubota B6100
Looking to purchase a tractor a bit aways from me.. say Southern Oregon and would need it hauled to central Cal
Would be a compact or subcompact. With the mountains I would not want to rent a trailer and tow it behind my F150 and would prefer to pay some one that is insured

Any ideas of where to find companies that do this sort of thing or an estimated cost?

Thanks

/ Hiring someone to haul tractor #2  
I would hire someone to do it. You can figure anywhere from $1-$2 per loaded mile. You can post the item for bid on Uship.com. Don’t really know any other way to find someone other than craigslist or classifieds.

/ Hiring someone to haul tractor #4  
I had my 1949 John Deere B hauled from Portland OR to my place near Red Bluff CA for $300 by an elderly couple who specialize in hauling tractors along the West Coast. That was 7 years ago and I don't recall the name of that hauler except that they were out of Grass Valley, CA. I'd check Craigslist.

/ Hiring someone to haul tractor #5  
I could not find anyone affordable to haul a round baler 300 miles. Uship got 1 response, who appeared to be a rookie, and they were playing games with pricing changes. No response from yesterdays tractor.

I borrowed a trailer (too wide for my trailer) and did it myself.

/ Hiring someone to haul tractor #6  
Found my shipper through U-Ship. 1st one I contracted with wanted to change the price so I relisted. 2nd one did it for the agreed price but not in the agreed time which wasn't too big of an issue.

/ Hiring someone to haul tractor #7  
I had my Versatile 150 hauled from NE Iowa to NE Indiana for $600 on a backhaul for a trucking company. They were from my area and were hauling a steel building out that direction and picked it up on the backhaul as their steel building destination was only about an hour away from the tractor pickup point. There are trucks going all directions everyday and they are always looking for backhauls. What you need to do is go to an equipment dealer - especially a used equipment dealer who uses these services all the time - and ask who in the area does backhauls like this.

In my case I went to a Grasshopper mower dealer who also deals in some smaller used equipment and he gave me a name of a trucking firm in a town about 45 miles away. They referred to me another guy in a town that was about 15 miles from me who just happened to be leaving on this trip that day and was looking for a backhaul. So I drove there and looked at the tractor on a Sunday, completed the transaction and made arrangements Monday morning and Tuesday afternoon it was here from 550 miles away - so just over a buck a mile.