Trailer Ball Mount for Front End Loader ?

/ Trailer Ball Mount for Front End Loader ? #1  

Dave___in___CT

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130, LA723 Loader, BH90 Backhoe, Curtis Cab, || '82 Gravely 8199KT garden tractor
Hi...

Anyone use and know of a source for a removable trailer ball mounted to the cutting edge of the loader bucket ?

I've seen one in use on a tractor at a boat marina...
Pretty slick... easier to see where the trailer's going... and no concern about down pressure like with a 3-point hitch mounted unit...

I don't have a need for one... and figure others do...

Thanks...

Dave...

/ Trailer Ball Mount for Front End Loader ? #2  
I just drilled a hole in the bucket edge, and use the hole for either a clevis (for 'whatever') or for a ball (if moving a trailer). Works for me.

/ Trailer Ball Mount for Front End Loader ? #3  
Dave, I welded a 2"x2" receiver tube to the center of the top edge of my bucket. When I want to move a trailer, I slide in the hitch ball with a 8" drop. It works well, but if you are moving very tongue heavy trailers, you may need to reinforce the top edge of the bucket.

/ Trailer Ball Mount for Front End Loader ? #5  
I built this quick and dirty one to move my boat and small trailer. I would want to make it heavier if I were moving larger trailers.

For what I need, it works well and cost me some time and spare stuff I had lying around. I have left the base on to move dirt and it functions well. Just scrape the dirt out, insert the hitch, and ready to go again.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=implement&Number=412447&Forum=implement&Words=ball%20bucket&Match=And&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=6months&Main=412345&Search=true#Post412447

/ Trailer Ball Mount for Front End Loader ?
thanks for the info !

Dave...