Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 71415161718 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota, Massey, Iseki

Default Re: Super tall pickup beds

Quote Originally Posted by BrokeFarmerJohn View Post
    Before long this will be the size of stock trucks.....
    That guy in crutches probably injured himself getting out of the cab.

Tractor
    Kubota, Massey, Iseki

Attachment 540847

This fella lifted his truck too much now it won稚 fit in the garage lol. But good news, he can prob stand in his bed and clean out the gutters.
    Good point. I am thinking about adding a 2 vehicle bay beside my shop to park my pickup and 1 car. How tall do I make the garage door.....

Tractor
    Cat

F-250 4x4 2015 here, with a 50 gallon aux bed tank and hard cover no less, so I'm familiar with the issue.
    I ALWAYS carry a hoehandle/broomstick with a bent 10 penny, or a cultivator to hook goods in the far front of the bed.
    Reduces stress to near zero when you pack most normal goods in plastic bins. h
    For heavier and bulkier stuff, I use a Cat with pallet forks anyway, and/or a trailer.
    Life's too short to sweat the small stuff.... or the large stuff!

My 2015 Chevy 2500 had so much rake in it that I thought it was trying mimic a cat in heat. I dropped the back with a set of McGaughy's shackles and it made a whale of a difference. Only about 1.5" of rake now and I can actually get in and out of the back much easier now.

Was a little concerned about how much it would squat under a heavy load, so I put a set of SumoSprings on in place of the axle bump stops. They ride right on the axle when pickup is unloaded and provide some extra resistance and really cushions things when I have a load in the bed. Ride is so much better than stock. Even with a little over a ton in the bed, it comes to right at level. Overall, it is the way it should have come from the factory now.
    Freedom is not about the choice to do what you want, but the choice to do what you ought.

Tractor
    Case IH 1390

Quote Originally Posted by om21braz View Post
    It may have been mentioned already, but another result of taller trucks is a flatter floorboard surface. The hump is not as large as it once was.
    I hadn't thought of that. What it brings to mind is the wheel humps in the bed. I wonder if those could be shrunken in some cases now? Would make it easier to carry loads with smaller wheel humps. Even loaded to the stops, I would be surprised if the tire was anywhere near the top of the wheel well on some of the trucks now.
    Case IH 1390, 77 HP
    Loader with bucket, 6' back blade, Woods bushhog, 2 furrow plow and a couple of very old, rusty disk harrows

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    JD2010, Kubota3450,2550, Mahindra 7520 w FEL w Skid Steer QC w/Tilt Tatch, & BH, BX1500

Quote Originally Posted by zing View Post
    I hadn't thought of that. What it brings to mind is the wheel humps in the bed. I wonder if those could be shrunken in some cases now? Would make it easier to carry loads with smaller wheel humps. Even loaded to the stops, I would be surprised if the tire was anywhere near the top of the wheel well on some of the trucks now.
    Yeah ... that would be great. But gotta leave room for monstrous tires so Tim the Toolman grunters can revel.
    This side of 40
    JD2010, Kubota L3450/FEL w SK QC, L2550 w FEL
    Mahindra 7520 [Pinky] /FEL w Skid Steer QC/w Tilt Tatch & BH, BX1500 [Mighty Mouse]
    IH37 Baler, CCM165 Drum Mower, JD Rake
    JD 127 bushog, Flail, SK Tilt Tatch , KK tiller, Rhino rear blade, Post driver, post auger, chipper, pallet fork, Grapple/Loader Buddy, Homemade Splitter/DC Welder

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Before long this will be the size of stock trucks.....

Attachment 540848
    Yeah, that one poor guy in the photo stepped out of the cab and fell and broke his leg!.
    James K0UA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner NRA Life Member How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN . Igitur qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by goeduck View Post
    That guy in crutches probably injured himself getting out of the cab.
    Oh, shoot, I see you beat me to it.....
    James K0UA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner NRA Life Member How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN . Igitur qui desiderat pacem praeparet bellum

Tractor
    LS XR 3135HC

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post
    Yeah, that one poor guy in the photo stepped out of the cab and fell and broke his leg!.
    Hahahaha That first step is a doozy!

Tractor
    NH Boomer 8N, NH TC40DA

Quote Originally Posted by goeduck View Post
    Good point. I am thinking about adding a 2 vehicle bay beside my shop to park my pickup and 1 car. How tall do I make the garage door.....
    Go big or regret it. When we built the garage it was designed for the 2 trucks we drive. Two bays 30' deep with 10'WX8'H doors, one bay 15' deep with 8'WX8'H door for the Mule. If I did it over they would be 12'WX10'H doors.
    Randy

NH Boomer 8N, 6' Bush Hog Squealer Rotary Cutter
    NH TC40DA, 16LA FEL, Red Master II Harrow
    Land Pride 6' Tiller, 7' Landscape Rake
    2017 GMC 2500HD 4X4 6.6 Duramax, Allison
    2008 GMC 2500HD 4X4 6.6 Duramax, Allison
    Big Tex 12GP 20' GN trailer, 50LA 14' bumper pull
    Kawasaki Mule 4010 Trans4X4, Kubota ZD1211 60"

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 71415161718 LastLast