Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    a fleet of them

Default Super tall pickup beds

I have to think I am just one of many that is really sick of the height of new pickups. You need to carry a ladder on board just to reach them!

Tractor
    Kubota M9540, Ford 3910FWD, Ford 555A, JD2210

Default Re: Super tall pickup beds

If you are going to play with the big dogs you gotta be able to reach into the tall beds!!!!
    Richard

"Happiness isn't having everything you want, it's wanting everything you have."

Tractor
    JD 2025R, previously Gravely 5650 & JD 4010 & JD 1025R

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
    I have to think I am just one of many that is really sick of the height of new pickups. You need to carry a ladder on board just to reach them!
    That's one of the reasons why I like smaller pickups. On our Tacoma, I can load and unload stuff from the side easily, and it isn't too much trouble getting into the back gate. Was even easier in our 1996. Should have kept it.

If they'd make them front wheel drive and eliminate that huge differential and all its bouncy weight in the back, they could lower the beds in back. I'm hoping this is what Tesla will do for their promised electric pickups.

Could put motors right into the rear wheels if they had a hybrid system for 4wd.

The pickup makers are not very innovative, and they certainly aren't doing much to improve fuel mileage. No hybrids. No electric pickups.

Ralph
    The natural gardener
    God's original intent

Tractor
    Kubota's - B7610, M4700

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
    I carry a ladder with my almost stock F350 dually.
    My rides - '95 Kubota M4700 w/ PEC, LA1001 FEL :'07 B7610, LA352 FEL, Bush Hog SBX 48 box blade, '09 Woods BH70-X w/ 16" bucket and thumb, 3pt pallet forks, Dale Phillips PHD, Jinma 8" chipper, 2 Piranha's, Winco 12KW PTO generator, Howse plow, 5' KK tiller, 5' Big Bee cutter, with a 2002 7.3L Ford F350 CC DRW 4x4 and '07 18' Hudson HSE Deluxe trailer - 5 Ton to haul it all
    My saws - 12" B&D 40 volt,JD CS 62, efco 3500, Stihls - 021, 660 w/woods mod, 660 w/ DP muffler, 088, Woodmizer LT10

Tractor
    JD 4105 / JD D110

I reckon that it's supply & demand. More urban purchasers wanting jacked up height = can see farther in traffic and are more prominent (look at ME!!!).

In other words, the 'pick-ups' (utes) are drifting away from being practical work vehicles.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3301

Quote Originally Posted by RalphVa View Post
    That's one of the reasons why I like smaller pickups. On our Tacoma, I can load and unload stuff from the side easily, and it isn't too much trouble getting into the back gate. Was even easier in our 1996. Should have kept it.

If they'd make them front wheel drive and eliminate that huge differential and all its bouncy weight in the back, they could lower the beds in back. I'm hoping this is what Tesla will do for their promised electric pickups.

Could put motors right into the rear wheels if they had a hybrid system for 4wd.

The pickup makers are not very innovative, and they certainly aren't doing much to improve fuel mileage. No hybrids. No electric pickups.

Ralph
    The problem with a front wheel drive pickup is that with all of the weight is in the front there would be some handling issues to overcome, especially in lower traction conditions. Also, once you freight the bed with a good load the traction will stink , and the truck will be harder to control; just as a heavy trailer causes different handling situations. I know that Volkswagen did it with their little rig, which was very popular with people who wanted the convenience of a pickup bed and weren't hauling heavy loads; but didn't want things like fuel cans, lawn mowers, and garbage in the passenger compartment.

Tractor
    Kubota L2800HST w/Frontloader & CC LTX1046 & Craftman T2200 lawn mower.

That's why one pickup brand has step in corners of there bumper...they do come in handy when your over 60 years.

Tractor
    Kubota L3800 hst Kubota l47 tlb ( John Deere 770 sold )

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    That's why one pickup brand has step in corners of there bumper...they do come in handy when your over 60 years.
    You need thisSuper tall pickup beds-6a00d83451b3c669e20168e98acf2e970c-800wi-jpg

Tractor
    Kubota L3240, Kubota B7100, Kubota F2560, John Deer, F525 Mule 600

A front wheel drive would be no good with a heavy load in the back or with a trailer.

Tractor
    LS XR3037HC

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    And I'm glad those steps are there or I'd need a ladder to get into the bed of my 3/4T.

Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast