Has anyone heard that Toyota is coming out with a Tundra dually?

/ Has anyone heard that Toyota is coming out with a Tundra dually? #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
This rumor has been around a while but I heard from a reliable source that there is now something to it. Of course that would mean a diesel and would we could two 18,000 lbs or more, give or take. I mean, I love my Tundra but need to tow more. Some of us have actually been considering a GMC. Anyone know anything on this?

/ Has anyone heard that Toyota is coming out with a Tundra dually? #2  
Hope it will be made in Mississippi, I'm near the factory :)

/ Has anyone heard that Toyota is coming out with a Tundra dually? #3  
I always thought the Toyota Tundra had a half ton frame.

/ Has anyone heard that Toyota is coming out with a Tundra dually?
I always thought the Toyota Tundra had a half ton frame.

Well, a beefy half ton frame. I would presume a dually would be all new and like the step up from the T100 to the Tundra.

/ Has anyone heard that Toyota is coming out with a Tundra dually? #5  
Toyota owns Hino which is a global medium/heavy truck manufacturer with a good record for reliability. Overseas you see them everywhere. Toyota had a Tundra diesel prototype years back and scrapped it when the cost of diesel fuel went higher than gas. 2020-Toyota-Tundra-Diesel.jpg

The picture says 2020 Tundra but is actually the prototype from 2008.

/ Has anyone heard that Toyota is coming out with a Tundra dually? #6  
Okay, that's fair. There is a large market share in the drw area, that Toyota could really make some money.

/ Has anyone heard that Toyota is coming out with a Tundra dually? #7  
I liked my Tundra but needed at least a ¾ ton so I hope they do enter into the market!

/ Has anyone heard that Toyota is coming out with a Tundra dually? #8  
Well, a beefy half ton frame. I would presume a dually would be all new and like the step up from the T100 to the Tundra.

My buddy has had his whole frame replaced on a Tundra;cost lots of bucks.With the problems he has had I would never own one.

/ Has anyone heard that Toyota is coming out with a Tundra dually? #9  
My old Tacoma which I really liked was recalled due to frame failure (14 points) which ultimately resulted in a trade up to my current Tundra (2008) for which I have a frame inspection notice. The truck has ~80K miles on it, has not been abused, and I have already replaced two wheel bearings, two sets of brake cylinders/calipers, and thankfully the heat "shields" have all fallen off or were pulled off. Apparently road de-icer and parking on gravel are too much for the Toyota metallurgy up here in the NE CONUS. I undercoated it this Winter.

I will not buy another Toyota product.

/ Has anyone heard that Toyota is coming out with a Tundra dually? #10  
Toyota owns Hino which is a global medium/heavy truck manufacturer with a good record for reliability. Overseas you see them everywhere. Toyota had a Tundra diesel prototype years back and scrapped it when the cost of diesel fuel went higher than gas. View attachment 544406

The picture says 2020 Tundra but is actually the prototype from 2008.

That is the picture I remember the salesman showed me years ago. Don't remember all of the conversation, other then that was the dually being talked about. But it would be a nice addition to their lineup. And yes my 2007 Tundra in N. MI. needs to be treated for the corrision problem. Jon