VW pickup?

/ VW pickup? #1  

bcp

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2360
   / VW pickup? #2  
The world needs another big pickup like we need a hole in the head. Where's another 1995-1999 Tacoma size? Or another one like the Dodge Rampage? Even another one like the original VW pickup with diesel engine?

Screw the regulators. Bring back our small pickups.

Ralph

/ VW pickup? #3  
Look out Honda ridgeline

/ VW pickup? #4  
The world needs another big pickup like we need a hole in the head. Where's another 1995-1999 Tacoma size? Or another one like the Dodge Rampage? Even another one like the original VW pickup with diesel engine?

Screw the regulators. Bring back our small pickups.

Ralph

That's totally not a "big" pickup. It's built on an SUV chassis. Only thing truck like about it is it's puny bed. :)

/ VW pickup? #6  
I wonder if this VW will pass the state emission standards.

/ VW pickup? #7  

That's it!
I still have my dad's beige 1981 VW 5 spd. diesel pickup with 55,000 miles.
Gets an honest 50 mpg on the highway.
It has been stored since 1990, and is in near showroom condition.
I really need to get it out, put a new battery in it, and list it on E-Bay.
I just can't seem to make myself do it.
Nostalgia maybe?

/ VW pickup? #8  
Unless it's made in the USA we will never see it! Remember the chicken tax that kept many foreign built truck off our soil!

/ VW pickup? #9  
I see a lot of the VW pickups when we go to England, along with the Toyota Hilux, etc.
Nice little mid-sized unit, especially with the diesel. In North America, it’s all about displacement, payload and towing. I’d be fine with a truck the size they “used to be”. I wish there was a domestic market for a compact truck with a small diesel. I don’t need to tow the Queen Mary or carry a ton of rock. I want to go to the dump and the lumberyard every once in a while...maybe tow my fishing boat. Most of the Big Three offerings are super-overkill for what I need. And frankly, I don’t need to compensate.. I’m OK with the size of my manhood.

/ VW pickup? #10  
More for show, doubt would be handy hauling wood or rocks etc. ;)