Enclosed Trailers for Sid Steers and Compact Tractors - do they make them

/ Enclosed Trailers for Sid Steers and Compact Tractors - do they make them #1  

Spanky100

Silver Member
NE Texas, NE Tennessee, and SE MI and SW OH
Tractor
Current Kioti CK27HST and Cub Cadet 1810. Previous NH1510 Hydro, AC D14, Oliver 1355?, and JD 314 Lawn Tractor
Any one seen any enclosed trailers that are set up for Skid Steers and Compact Tractors. I have seen many enclosed trailers sold as car haulers but none of them seemed to have drive on ramp doors that would be suitable for frequent use with short wheel base skid steers and heavy compact tractors. When I ask about ramp door capacity the common response is that only one axle will be on the door at the same time. Not the case with shorter compact tractors with wheel bases around 60 inches.

Thanks for any information

Spanky

/ Enclosed Trailers for Sid Steers and Compact Tractors - do they make them #2  
Why do you want to use an enclosed trailer? I’d say you’d be alright with a compact tractor unless you’re ballasted super heavy. Most skid steers are a lot heavier and would be more problematic.

/ Enclosed Trailers for Sid Steers and Compact Tractors - do they make them #3  
Ramp? What ramp?

d4802c522f08d3d9d254fdf0f56c4add_f605.jpg

Bruce

/ Enclosed Trailers for Sid Steers and Compact Tractors - do they make them #4  
You can have a trailer built with a heavier door and floor for that matter.

/ Enclosed Trailers for Sid Steers and Compact Tractors - do they make them #5  
I had a trailer made to certain weight requirements. As an example floor supports are 16 inches on center. Ramp designed to handle 4500 pounds. Tie down D rings rated for 5000 pounds each.

Door opening height clearance of 84 inches. Trailer width of 7 feet.

Attachments

• 20160205_101920.jpg
    20160205_101920.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 382
   / Enclosed Trailers for Sid Steers and Compact Tractors - do they make them #6  
I had a trailer made to certain weight requirements. As an example floor supports are 16 inches on center. Ramp designed to handle 4500 pounds. Tie down D rings rated for 5000 pounds each.

Is the ramp designed to take 4500 pounds in the middle of it or a 4500 pound vehicle?

/ Enclosed Trailers for Sid Steers and Compact Tractors - do they make them
Why do you want to use an enclosed trailer? I’d say you’d be alright with a compact tractor unless you’re ballasted super heavy. Most skid steers are a lot heavier and would be more problematic.

Need and enclosed trailer for other hauling and would like to use for tractor when needed. Plus when on site for longer periods can keep equipment out of weather.

Morning Wood I will likely have to have one made to my specs. Friday and Saturday at the local Trailer Store is open house with factory reps. I will see what they have to say.

Thanks

War Eagle 2

Nice looking trailer. I will check with closer floor spacing and the added strength ramp door.

Thanks

/ Enclosed Trailers for Sid Steers and Compact Tractors - do they make them #10  
I guess it could double as a portable tractor shed.