Moving it all

/ Moving it all #11  
I have rented UHAUL and the truck had brake issues big time. Ryder depending on the terminal has shall we say less than stellar maintenance? I go with Penske.

/ Moving it all #12  
Aaron, that ABF is the option I'm leaning toward right now. I called them and it seems like a decent deal.

I don't mind telling you guys.

They quoted me 3500 roughly which matched what they told someone else I asked who had a trailer in his yard.

3 business days to load(weekends don't count) 6 days to move 1500 miles. 3 business days to unload (also holidays and weekends don't count).

Uhaul 26 ft looks like 1000. And about 500 in gas. Plus 3 days hotels and meals.
Plus the time and expense of a flight back and driving up a second time.

Aaron Z

/ Moving it all #13  
You should be able to get a flatbed semi to haul it for around $2 a loaded mile. When you figure in time, gas, motel stays, etc that isn’t a bad option.

/ Moving it all #14  
You should be able to get a flatbed semi to haul it for around $2 a loaded mile. When you figure in time, gas, motel stays, etc that isn’t a bad option.
If you go that route, you could rent a box truck and put your stuff into that using that tow your pick up on your trailer behind it.

Aaron Z

/ Moving it all #15  
Not sure what kind of attachments we are talking about. $3,500 seems like you could do a lot of upgrades to equip when you get to your destination if you sold and repurchased.

/ Moving it all #16  
I agree with the sell it there option.

/ Moving it all #17  
Might try Bellevance Trucking, they run coast to coast flatbeds and are based out Barre VT, the primarily haul granite memorials, so I think they're often looking for loads on the way back

/ Moving it all #18  
Take a look at uship.com. You give them the size of the load and the dates and they post it for the truckers to read. And hopefully connect the client with the driver. The way it works is the drivers hate to haul empty. So he finds a load to haul back.

/ Moving it all #19  
Do you have any uses for a sea container at the new location? buy a 40ft, load it all up, and ship it!

Or figure out what could fit on your existing trailer (or a trailer that you could tow) and sell off the rest.

/ Moving it all #20  
When I moved from Virginia to California I put the tractor and implements on a trailer and towed it out with the pickup. Then flew back to Virginia, rented a big diesel Penske box truck, and put the household stuff in that. Drove it out to California. The truck was brand new and drove like a dream. Researched every way to do it and that was the best I could come up with. What didn't fit in the box truck was sold or given to local thrift stores.