Jeep Cherokee. Ford Fusion?

/ Jeep Cherokee. Ford Fusion? #11  
I did a lot of research before I bought my 2016 Cherokee V6 for my wife. We love it , no problems so far at 40,000 km. Research shows when model first came out the 2014 and some 2015 had warranty problems with the 9 speed trannie , but all that was figured out by 2016. Our V6 gets great gas mileage. Just slighly more than the 4 cyl. And lots of power for passing or pulling boat. Interior finoish is excellent. Wife has drove it with confidence in ice storms to get to work.

/ Jeep Cherokee. Ford Fusion? #12  
I have a friend that had a 2014/2015 Cherokee and also a neighbor the same year;the head-lights are totally inadequate.They did change them in 2016.Personaly I wouldn't own anything Jeep.

/ Jeep Cherokee. Ford Fusion? #13  
I now have a 2014 Wrangler. I had a module go bad at about 500 miles. Other than that, rock solid. A very reliable vehicle.

/ Jeep Cherokee. Ford Fusion? #14  
I have a friend with a Fusion. Nice car, and rock solid reliable. From what I can tell, Ford hit a home run with that model.

Its funny, Ford and Chevy do not see a future with their sedans, yet there are very few in my area on the used market. I was searching for a Fusion with less than 200K for my work car. No luck. Bought a CRV instead.

/ Jeep Cherokee. Ford Fusion?
In my area I don't think I will have a problem finding a Fusion.

/ Jeep Cherokee. Ford Fusion? #16  
Consumer Reports and most other auto groups rate Jeeps as costly to own because of their problems.[/QUOTE

I've always read this too (about Jeeps), but I've owned numerous Jeeps over the years, and currently have a 2015 Wrangler and a 2005 Liberty (with +150k miles now), and have never had "problems". The only thing I can think of that could be considered a problem was I had an alternator go out on a '99 Cherokee with 85k miles, and an alternator on the Liberty with $125k miles. I don't consider either one a problem. Other than that my '94 Wrangler, 99 Cherokee and my two current Jeeps have been good vehicles. Everything else I've done to them have been regular maintenance.

Just my 2 cents.

For 6.5 years I've had a 2011 Grand Cherokee hemi V8 with Overland trim package, and I just love the thing. It's heavy, but runs great and is so agile/nimble. It weighs well over 2 tons but it parks amazingly because it turns so sharply. And when you hit the gas the tranny isn't hunting around for the right gear....it just goes.

It's got 120k miles on it now. I did have to replace the compressor for the air ride system, and it was expensive, but other than that nothing but normal maintenance. And the air ride is amazing too.

Anyway, I've enjoyed it and would likely replace it with another.

/ Jeep Cherokee. Ford Fusion?
We picked up a Fusion today. It white with the standard 2.5 liter engine. 2016 with about 20000 miles. The daughter loves it so far.

/ Jeep Cherokee. Ford Fusion? #18  
Should be a good car, there are a lot of them out there. Make sure she keeps it, before long it will be a collector car with Ford killing it off. I bought something similar for my kids, the 4 door Pontic Grand Prix. Usually Enterprise rent cars.

Ford to kill Fusion, Taurus and Fiesta cars

/ Jeep Cherokee. Ford Fusion? #19  
Consumer Reports and most other auto groups rate Jeeps as costly to own because of their problems.[/QUOTE

I've always read this too (about Jeeps), but I've owned numerous Jeeps over the years, and currently have a 2015 Wrangler and a 2005 Liberty (with +150k miles now), and have never had "problems". The only thing I can think of that could be considered a problem was I had an alternator go out on a '99 Cherokee with 85k miles, and an alternator on the Liberty with $125k miles. I don't consider either one a problem. Other than that my '94 Wrangler, 99 Cherokee and my two current Jeeps have been good vehicles. Everything else I've done to them have been regular maintenance.

Just my 2 cents.
Jeeps, like other heavily branded products like Minis or BMW and Harley motorcycles, have above-average customer satisfaction, even though they have just about the lowest measured quality and or reliability in the industry by almost any measure. This means the buyers have an emotional attachment to the brand representation. It’s why companies spend a lot of money to create brand attachment.

The current Jeep Cherokee is built on the Fiat developed platform but are built in the US. As such it would have little in common with the vehicles you have owned.

Fiat Compact platform - Wikipedia

/ Jeep Cherokee. Ford Fusion? #20  
Every Jeep owner I have seen have complained about poor gas mileage. I owned a Cherokee Laredo once with V8 and got about 14 MPG. Most say that 16 MPG is about the best you can get with one regardless of model or engine. I don't know anyone who has a 2016 or newer though so they may have fixed the excessive gas consumption.