Looking for an automatic battery charger for truck batteries

/ Looking for an automatic battery charger for truck batteries #1  

newbury

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota's - B7610, M4700
I've got a Shumacher 10030A which seems to work fine. But I need another charger for another site. Primary use will be truck, tractor, and car batteries.
Any recommendations? Other than just by a duplicate?

/ Looking for an automatic battery charger for truck batteries #2  
I’ve been looking for a charger that will charge a battery from completely dead. A lot of the newer smart chargers won’t do that. It’s frustrating. I’d look for one that can.

/ Looking for an automatic battery charger for truck batteries #3  
I’ve been looking for a charger that will charge a battery from completely dead. A lot of the newer smart chargers won’t do that. It’s frustrating. I’d look for one that can.

I think the old style chargers will still charge a completely dead battery. Smart chargers have to have some voltage in the battery for them to kick off the charge cycle.
I have 3 of the Schumacher chargers, one for my boats deep cycle batteries, another smart charger and a cheap one that just puts out a charge voltage when you hook it up. I use this one for my completely dead batteries.

/ Looking for an automatic battery charger for truck batteries #4  
I have half a dozen Deltran trickle chargers and one big 'ol Schumacher charger. The 'Schu' is my go to if the battery is really dead.

/ Looking for an automatic battery charger for truck batteries #5  

After using the smart chargers, I would not want the old charger ever again.
I have seen batteries ruined by reversing the connections accidentally.

I still have the old chargers, they are used to clean rusty steel.

/ Looking for an automatic battery charger for truck batteries #6  
Deltran is unsurpassed in quality and have anything you want. The slower a battery is recharged the better. I have charged dead batteries several times with 1.5 amp Deltran Battery Tenders,just take's time.

/ Looking for an automatic battery charger for truck batteries #7  
This charger seems to work well. I’m pretty happy with it.
IMG_1211.JPG

/ Looking for an automatic battery charger for truck batteries #8  
After using the smart chargers, I would not want the old charger ever again.
I have seen batteries ruined by reversing the connections accidentally.

I still have the old chargers, they are used to clean rusty steel.

After having the new smart charger tell me 3 batteries were dead and then refusing to charge them I took it to good will! The old reliable trickle charge has kept those supposedly dead batteries alive now for 5 years and I still let them go completely dead every winter. The other thing I noticed is that my charge lasts longer with the old charger.