Tractor
    Kubota's - B7610, M4700

Default Looking for an automatic battery charger for truck batteries

I've got a Shumacher 10030A which seems to work fine. But I need another charger for another site. Primary use will be truck, tractor, and car batteries.
    Any recommendations? Other than just by a duplicate?
    My rides - '95 Kubota M4700 w/ PEC, LA1001 FEL :'07 B7610, LA352 FEL, Bush Hog SBX 48 box blade, '09 Woods BH70-X w/ 16" bucket and thumb, 3pt pallet forks, Dale Phillips PHD, Jinma 8" chipper, 2 Piranha's, Winco 12KW PTO generator, Howse plow, 5' KK tiller, 5' Big Bee cutter, with a 2002 7.3L Ford F350 CC DRW 4x4 and '07 18' Hudson HSE Deluxe trailer - 5 Ton to haul it all
    My saws - 12" B&D 40 volt,JD CS 62, efco 3500, Stihls - 021, 660 w/woods mod, 660 w/ DP muffler, 088, Woodmizer LT10

Silver Member

Default Looking for an automatic battery charger for truck batteries

Iíve been looking for a charger that will charge a battery from completely dead. A lot of the newer smart chargers wonít do that. Itís frustrating. Iíd look for one that can.

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

Default Re: Looking for an automatic battery charger for truck batteries

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Wood View Post
    I’ve been looking for a charger that will charge a battery from completely dead. A lot of the newer smart chargers won’t do that. It’s frustrating. I’d look for one that can.
    I think the old style chargers will still charge a completely dead battery. Smart chargers have to have some voltage in the battery for them to kick off the charge cycle.
    I have 3 of the Schumacher chargers, one for my boats deep cycle batteries, another smart charger and a cheap one that just puts out a charge voltage when you hook it up. I use this one for my completely dead batteries.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Tractor
    Kubota M6040

I have half a dozen Deltran trickle chargers and one big 'ol Schumacher charger. The 'Schu' is my go to if the battery is really dead.
    Ride hard or sit your butt on the porch

"isn't it weird that in AMERICA, our flag & our culture offend so many people - but our benefits do not"

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    584 IH 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Wood View Post
    I’ve been looking for a charger that will charge a battery from completely dead. A lot of the newer smart chargers won’t do that. It’s frustrating. I’d look for one that can.
    After using the smart chargers, I would not want the old charger ever again.
    I have seen batteries ruined by reversing the connections accidentally.

I still have the old chargers, they are used to clean rusty steel.
    Some of the tractors include JD 4105, JD 855, JD 650,,,, and,,, the IH 584 4WD
    My favorite attachment is the homemade landplane,,, EVERYONE needs one of those!!

Gold Member
    Tractor
    800 ford,MF65,Cub Lowboy,Farmall B,Ford 600

Deltran is unsurpassed in quality and have anything you want. The slower a battery is recharged the better. I have charged dead batteries several times with 1.5 amp Deltran Battery Tenders,just take's time.

Tractor
    2032R

This charger seems to work well. Iím pretty happy with it.
    Looking for an automatic battery charger for truck batteries-img_1211-jpg

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK40

Quote Originally Posted by CADplans View Post
    After using the smart chargers, I would not want the old charger ever again.
    I have seen batteries ruined by reversing the connections accidentally.

I still have the old chargers, they are used to clean rusty steel.
    After having the new smart charger tell me 3 batteries were dead and then refusing to charge them I took it to good will! The old reliable trickle charge has kept those supposedly dead batteries alive now for 5 years and I still let them go completely dead every winter. The other thing I noticed is that my charge lasts longer with the old charger.