Diamond C 24LPD Custom Ordered Dump Trailer Review

/ Diamond C 24LPD Custom Ordered Dump Trailer Review #1  

nikerret

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25D-1
I just received my Diamond C 24LPD 16' dump trailer. After two months, I was very excited. The trailer I received was grossly underwhelming. In the two months I waited for the trailer, I lost around $1,500 worth of revenue. The trailer did not come, as ordered, and has some very ugly fit and finish issues.

I made a video, showing a lot of the good and bad, with this particular trailer. As you can see, if it had been put together with care, it would be BADASS!!!! I've only had about five hours of sleep, in the last two days, so I will come back and add some of the highlights and lowlights I missed, for those of you looking to buy a dump trailer. I will also include a lot of pictures, since my camera work sucks.

Diamond C 24LPD Dump Trailer Review - YouTube

/ Diamond C 24LPD Custom Ordered Dump Trailer Review #2  
Nice review, I feel your pain when you take time and ordered exactly what you want and and it is not done correctly.

I looked at diamond C and they maybe a step heavier built but I am happy with my load trail 14' gooseneck low profile. If money was not any option I probably would have went with B&B or Felling. The dealership I got mine at seems to move alot of trailers. I will say it's easy to go from a $6,500 trailer to $9,000 trailer when you start adding options.
I should have ordered one with exactly what I wanted but price gets out hand and I have heard to many stories exactly like yours thus I got one off the lot and he had 4 to choose from and I could not see any difference.

Last edited:
   / Diamond C 24LPD Custom Ordered Dump Trailer Review #3  
Nice review and I agree completely, I ordered a 16' Load Trail dump in 14 and had the same level of disappointment. The one big upside is the automotive paint. The powder coating is such a major issue. I'm in the process of selling the Load Trail and replacing with a rolloff dump and none of the manufactures will use anything other than PC. I'm thinking just like you in just buying one off a dealers lot and taking my chances. Kinda crazy that there's no quality control on these things with the ever rising cost.

Matt

/ Diamond C 24LPD Custom Ordered Dump Trailer Review #4  
Nice review. I run a similar sized PJ with similar issues. Check your lower tailgate corners to see if they are welded all the way around. The PJ was not and they broke out.

/ Diamond C 24LPD Custom Ordered Dump Trailer Review #5  
A good review. You may want to send it to Diamond C and maybe management will look at it, too.