Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gold Member
    Tractor
    JD 4510

Default Re: Need rear tires for my dually - recommendations?

I’ll second Cooper AT3, had them on my last two Ram HD trucks and they run so nice and wear so well I put Coopers on the wife’s Tahoe. They are wearing well on my Dually and I don’t think I will buy another brand from here on out.

I’ve had Toyo, Nitto, BF Goodrich, etc on my trucks. None of them last as long or wear as well as my Coopers have. Michelin makes a good tire but they are a little too proud of it ($$$) for my liking.

Just my opinion. Best of luck
    Former United States Marine, good luck and GOD speed to all our troops. Current Professional Firefighter.
    Ram 6.7L tow rig, 7x12' dump trailer, Lamar Deckover trailer.
    John Deere 4510

I had a truck with the coopers on it, and I liked the way it looked and handled so I kept buying them...but they never seemed to last very long.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    JD X300 for Now, Soon a 50HP+

I ran BFG commercial TA on my F250 and F350 dully for years. I got them at Sams or Discount tire. For highway use they were great, had lots of tread life and great traction. The l winter of 09 when Northern VA had snowmgagden I put on the Commercial TA Traction which was more of a AT style for the winter. Added 480 pounds of play sand over ther rear axle and went everywhere I needed to go.

Tractor
    Kubota's - B7610, M4700

Any idea why Firestone does NOT put a mileage warranty on many of their truck tires?
    My rides - '95 Kubota M4700 w/ PEC, LA1001 FEL :'07 B7610, LA352 FEL, Bush Hog SBX 48 box blade, '09 Woods BH70-X w/ 16" bucket and thumb, 3pt pallet forks, Dale Phillips PHD, Jinma 8" chipper, 2 Piranha's, Winco 12KW PTO generator, Howse plow, 5' KK tiller, 5' Big Bee cutter, with a 2002 7.3L Ford F350 CC DRW 4x4 and '07 18' Hudson HSE Deluxe trailer - 5 Ton to haul it all
    My saws - 12" B&D 40 volt,JD CS 62, efco 3500, Stihls - 021, 660 w/woods mod, 660 w/ DP muffler, 088, Woodmizer LT10

Tractor
    Massey 461 Massey 165

If you want to know the best truck tires check out what the UPS trucks are running because they only use the best. I have some Transforce on the rear of my dually and they have been great for about 50,000 so far and will probably go 100,000. On the front, I have the Bridgestone Duravis R250 that I saw on the UPS trucks and their the smoothest and quietest highway tire I ever had. And Wal Mart doesn't stock much but they will order you any tire you want.
    RTB

Gold Member
    Tractor
    LS XU6168CPS

Default Need rear tires for my dually - recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by newbury View Post
    Any idea why Firestone does NOT put a mileage warranty on many of their truck tires?

Tire wear on tow vehicles varies with weight, so itís hard to warranty them. Donít worry about the Firestone Transforce tires. They are the best wearing tires I have encountered. My dually is used for towing pretty much exclusively, usually 12 to 20k lb trailers.
    I got 70k miles on my first set of Transforce ATs. They could have gone another 10k, but I donít like running tires to the wear bars.
    I went with Transforce HT (highway tire) this time, they are supposed to get a little better mileage and be quieter. They seems to do just the same when itís wet. I donít go off road.
    I have a full set of mounted Bridgestone Blizzaks for winter. Those are AMAZING in snow and ice, and wear much better than you would expect.
    Here is a pic of our little RV at the salt flats for Speed Week.

Need rear tires for my dually - recommendations?-img_5462-jpg

In AZ for the winter.
    Need rear tires for my dually - recommendations?-img_0184-jpg

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    2001 Mahindra 4110

I'm on my 2nd set of Firestone TransForce HT on my 1999 F250 SD 7.3. Got excellent wear pattern & mileage on the first set, time will tell on this set. I like the ride & handling on our curvy roads around here. I run 55 psi in the fronts and 45 psi in the rears when not trailering, 70 psi in the fronts and 80 in the rears with the gooseneck on. I rotate at every oil change (5k). Had tried both Michelin and Bridgestone on my prior 2000 F250 and did not like at all and did not get the mileage the Firestones get.
    2001 Mahindra 4110, FEL w/5' & 6' QA buckets & forks for the 5', 6' Atlas boxblade, older 6' Howse rotary, Leinbach 7300 PHD w/9" & 12", KK subsoiler, KK middlebuster, Kubota BL60C 5' tiller, Maschio 6' finish mower, Ford 2 bottom plow, 2014 Load-Max 24' GN equipment trailer, Country Clipper Edge XLT 60" mower.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12