Rebuilding a trailer

/ Rebuilding a trailer #1  

rustyshakelford

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere 5100E/H260/MX15
I had a dump trailer that I ended up selling cheap to a buddy that was in a bad bind. I had just done a ton of work to it and added a Honda hyd pump along with new tires/wheels etc. finally had it where I wanted it. Well that痴 gone and I was still needing something to haul rock for my road and whatever else I needed.

When we were building our house we had a neighbor that hauled smaller roll offs. In the 15-20 yard range. I have seen his stuff parked for the last year or so. Out of the blue he calls me last Friday and was asking about fertilizing his pasture. While we were talking I asked him about his stuff. He said he壇 love to sell it as it痴 just sitting. He spit balled a number. I went over yesterday to look at everything.

It痴 in way better shape than I could致e guessed. Is basically built like a big roll off truck. All the new ones have an elec winch, this one has the two hyd cylinders that run the cable.

So far I知 going to replace all the hyd lines and there痴 a ton. Everything is hyd even the jack on the front. Rebuild the two lift cylinders, blast and paint or beeline the frame and maybe rewire it. The pump needs a new carb, oil change and flush the hyd oil. Also need to order a hyd reservoir cap. It has a weird set up with a filter or something. Someone cross threaded the cap and it痴 no good. Forgot to get a pick with a container on it. It has 3 decent ones and one that is pretty rough. Will probably turn the worst one into a flatbed

Also put a bigger beam on my gantry yesterday morning. Ended up coming in real handy

Brett

Attachments

• 83DBF1C0-3AD5-4CAA-A3B4-362166AF1776.jpeg
    83DBF1C0-3AD5-4CAA-A3B4-362166AF1776.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 432
  • 0DBC51CC-43BE-4650-A6DA-59726164F5E7.jpeg
    0DBC51CC-43BE-4650-A6DA-59726164F5E7.jpeg
    156.9 KB · Views: 508
   / Rebuilding a trailer #2  
If you haven't already, you might look at buying your hydraulic lines from Surplus Center, they only have NPT and JIC ends, but they are 10% of the price of having them made locally and they have adapters to connect to most any other fitting.

Aaron Z

/ Rebuilding a trailer
If you haven't already, you might look at buying your hydraulic lines from Surplus Center, they only have NPT and JIC ends, but they are 10% of the price of having them made locally and they have adapters to connect to most any other fitting.

Aaron Z

I’m calling the manufacture on Monday. Going to see if I can get a run down of every line size and length before ordering. As long as I have a week or two I order a bunch from them. Way cheaper than anyone else and quality products. Also need to order the rub blocks that the winch slides on from them and maybe some other goodies.

Brett

/ Rebuilding a trailer #4  
That looks like a solid rig. You will be able to do a lot of work once you get it set up.

/ Rebuilding a trailer
That looks like a solid rig. You will be able to do a lot of work once you get it set up.

I agree. The paint isn’t really bad at all except for the fenders. Could probably run it like it is but I try to keep stuff that looks nice. I’m figuring once I get all new hoses, new carb, replace or repair atleast two of the boxes and sandblast/paint or rhino line it I’ll have around 3k in it. Can’t beat that at all. Brakes/tires too

No interest in getting into hiring this out. Main plan was a good way to get a dump type trailer that is overbuilt and not spend 10-15k.

Brett

/ Rebuilding a trailer #6  
that is kind of what I was looking at when I had my rollback trailer built, a bed to haul rock and dirt and a flat bed to haul tractors and autos with. good luck and keep the pictures coming.

/ Rebuilding a trailer
that is kind of what I was looking at when I had my rollback trailer built, a bed to haul rock and dirt and a flat bed to haul tractors and autos with. good luck and keep the pictures coming.

Will do. Thanks. Excited to get this thing going much more than I thought I would be.

Brett

/ Rebuilding a trailer #8  
I agree. The paint isn’t really bad at all except for the fenders. Could probably run it like it is but I try to keep stuff that looks nice. I’m figuring once I get all new hoses, new carb, replace or repair atleast two of the boxes and sandblast/paint or rhino line it I’ll have around 3k in it. Can’t beat that at all. Brakes/tires too
$3k in repairs, or $3k for the trailer? $3k in the trailer including repairs would be a great price (especially if it came with containers)...

Is it a Nedland trailer? Roll Off Trailer System | Customers call the EZrolloff "a beast"

Aaron Z

/ Rebuilding a trailer
$3k in repairs, or $3k for the trailer? $3k in the trailer including repairs would be a great price (especially if it came with containers)...

Is it a Nedland trailer? Roll Off Trailer System | Customers call the EZrolloff "a beast"

Aaron Z

I bought it for $1600 for everything. Yes, I believe that痴 the company. I知 assuming Nedland bought the ez rolloff company. This trailer is from 2001 era. Every time I look at it I知 impressed with the quality of the build. 8k oil bath axles too

Brett

Attachments

• F48E89D0-BC86-4A3F-B21C-2738F55199DE.jpeg
    F48E89D0-BC86-4A3F-B21C-2738F55199DE.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 306
  • 1107747D-7085-43CF-BEF8-9047F9DC2F83.jpeg
    1107747D-7085-43CF-BEF8-9047F9DC2F83.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 281
  • FDB12591-A4C9-41AB-8A78-8EA1DAA54E95.jpeg
    FDB12591-A4C9-41AB-8A78-8EA1DAA54E95.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 300
  • C16294FA-6677-4EF0-A9AC-F2A6AAE55A25.jpeg