Need Dump Trailer info.

/ Need Dump Trailer info. #31  
I myself like the midsota trailer. I have been wanting a dump trailer since having to get rock or sand in my pickup and then bring it home and unload by hand. sucks. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I also want to get a trailer for hauling a tractor with backhoe in. Looks like it might work out just right.

I'm currently building an 18 ft flat bed trailer but might just hold off a bit. I can use the metal for others things. I will have to look into what a 16 to 18 footer will cost me. It might be cheaper than putting licence and insurance on 2 different trailers, let alone pay the personal property taxes each year. Thanks for the web sites. mark

/ Need Dump Trailer info. #33  
I've hauled many loads of dirt and gravel in my Gravely dump cart. The Gravely is about 350 #. The cart full of gravel is near 1,000 #. With dual tires on the Gravely, it has enough traction to hold it back going down hill but doesn't have enough to go up much of a hill. You definitely need to make sure you have a little more weight on the front of the cart (towards the tractor pulling it) than on the rear.

Was looking at some dump carts the local JD dealer had behind some X models. They're toys compared to the Gravely cart.

I plan to get a couple of those trailer tongue jacks and put one on the tongue and one on the rear of the Gravely cart and pull it behind the JD. It the tongue jacks, I'll be able to keep it level while loading it with the FEL. Got a 3 pt drawbar; so adjusting the ball to fit the tongue won't be a problem.

The Gravely cart is faily easy to dump by hand even with a full load, unless you really overdo the front end load part. I've rolled a couple big rocks into the rear of it in dump position and then rolled them up to the middle to latch it and then pulled the cart to where I wanted the rocks and dumped them.

Ralph