dump trailer

/ dump trailer #1  

L3650

Silver Member
Anyone know if dump trailers are available with manual hydraulics instead of electric? I am looking for a 5x8 dump trailer that offers the ultimate in flexibility. Behind the tractor, behind the car, behind the truck, behind the pick-up, etc. I know this will end up being behind other peoples vehicles as well, so I don't want to worry about the battery. If I can't find one, I might need to have one made as my fabricating skills are not so good.

/ dump trailer #2  
The tractor part is pretty easy. One would just put valves into the dump system to close off the pump and access the ram only. Then, just run some hoses to the tractor and ya got it.

The same would work for a manual hydraulic pump if one could be located. Disconnecting the electrical system so the borrower couldn't use it would be the trick.

Prepare for the phone calls on why your trailer wouldn't work. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ dump trailer #3  
You could probably make one manual by simply adding one of the jack pumps used to lift cab/over tractor cabs for engine access.

/ dump trailer #4  
Northern tool has them, I am pretty sure they have an on road trailer too not positive though. Worst case buy a used one and sell the pump for the swap. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ dump trailer #5  
King Kutter makes one with a hand pump. It is not at big as you are wanting (4 x 7 as I remember), but it otherwise fits your requirements.

/ dump trailer #6  
Prince Hydraulics sells a hanp pump. The Model # is PM-HP-10-8. Hope this helps

/ dump trailer
The King Kutter is an off-road unit with a top speed of 20 mph. Otherwise, that could work.

/ dump trailer #8  
<font color="blue"> so I don't want to worry about the battery</font>

Is the battery that much of a worry? Hand pumping a dump trailer would seem to take a lot of time and effort. A fully charged battery will provide power for many, many dump cycles. I have never counted the number of cycles for my 6'x12' trailer but estimate it has to be at least 15 to 20. I use the dump several times and put the trailer away and then use it again and put the trailer away without recharging. I really don't think about charging the battery. If it has been awhile since the last charge and I intend on using it heavily, I will throw the charger on it the night before. Or, if I have time, I will charge the battery overnight after using the trailer heavily.

Just a thought.

Jeff

/ dump trailer #9  
I guess a lot of folks have had experience with rental units, where the batteries are abused or not charged. Leaves a sour taste in the mouth for battery power. However, if I had my own dump trailer, I would have no reservations about using a battery for power.

/ dump trailer #10  
I have a dump trailer that has a manual valve to switch from the electric pump to the tractor's hydraulic system. You could add a manual pump, but it would be tedious.