Bx1500 and Trailer Length: Recommend Trailer Makes

/ Bx1500 and Trailer Length: Recommend Trailer Makes #1  

AKFord

I did a search function but couldn't find what I was looking for. I was wondering if anyone would post a picture of their BX1500 on a trailer. I am trying to determine what length trailer to get. I am thinking that I will need a 12' based on the length of the tractor with the loader and a rear blade attached. Also, can anyone recomend a trailer manufacturer? Thanks for any input! Jeremy

/ Bx1500 and Trailer Length: Recommend Trailer Makes #2  
I think you will need larger than a 12' I would go 14' minimum and consider 16'.

Here is a link to a thread about my new trailer for my BX1800.

The first picture is of my BX1800 on a 10' trailer that I just recently sold. I had to rest the loader up on the trailer ramp and then the tie down angles and lengths were not great. This picture shows my rear bagger on, but I could never actually trailer it that way other than the 2 miles home the day this was taken. It was either bagger and no loader or loader and no bagger.

The rest of the thread shows pictures of my new 16' trailer, and it gives me plenty of room for tie downs as well as other stuff. I almost bought 14' which would have worked also, but decided for $150 more I would get the 2' extra.

Trailer for BX

Good luck with your search and hopefully this will help even though it is not a 1500.

/ Bx1500 and Trailer Length: Recommend Trailer Makes #3  
I've seen it done on a 12' but a 14' will be better and for the money the 16' will give you the most options on load position. The BX1500 is shorter than the 2230, but not by much. In most cases a 16' will only be $150 to $200 more than the 14' and its money well spent. I like the Forest River Inc and ALuma trailers personally. I like aluminum over steel since I never have to worry about rust.

/ Bx1500 and Trailer Length: Recommend Trailer Makes #4  
When I was trailer shopping the least expensive route was a 16' with a 2' beaver tail, car hauler. It was cheaper than the shorter trailers and it has brakes on all four. One of the best investments I ever made. I've used it for a million jobs and it has saved me a million aggravations. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Check my website for various pics of the unit. (darn dial-up /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif).