Who bought a trailer?

/ Who bought a trailer? #1  

AntrimMan

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130HSTF
I am getting serious about buying, I have some questions, I'll keep it short....

What manufacturer?

Did you buy direct or was a dealer involved?

Picked up or delivered?

Wood or metal deck?

Equipment or skid steer?

Dovetail or all flat?

Radials or bias ply tires?

Did you de-rate the capacity?

Would you buy the same again, why?

Thanks in advance,
Martin

/ Who bought a trailer? #2  
We bought a Big Tex 18' wood deck, dove tail, car hauler for our tractor. Picked it up ourselves at a dealer. From what we looked at it was in the mid-range of pricing. We had a Big Tex landscape trailer that we traded in for it. We have not had any problems with either one of them and would buy another Big Tex. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Who bought a trailer? #3  
<font color="blue"> What manufacturer? </font>
BigTex
<font color="blue"> Did you buy direct or was a dealer involved?</font>
Dealer
<font color="blue">Picked up or delivered? </font>
Picked up
<font color="blue"> Wood or metal deck? </font>
Wood, Trailer is stored out of the weather.
<font color="blue"> Equipment or skid steer? </font>
Equipment
<font color="blue"> Dovetail or all flat? </font>
Dovetail
<font color="blue"> Radials or bias ply tires? </font>
Bias
<font color="blue"> Did you de-rate the capacity? </font>
/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
<font color="blue"> Would you buy the same again, why? </font>
I would buy the same, but at least 2' longer.

/ Who bought a trailer? #4  
I use a Pa. International Tilt trailer. I really like it, I have owned two of them. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I also have deck-overs and dump trailers.

My current tilt is very H.D. 12K de-rated to 10K. I like how these guys build them, diamond plate reverse beaver tail last 4 ft. and H.D. wood bed. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif (not fond of metal when it gets wet, seem a little slippery to me) /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I haul my JD 110TLB on this one and it works great. No ramps to worry about and load/unload is fast. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Who bought a trailer? #5  
I recently Purchased a BigTex 16'.
Here is a recent POST I made on it.

/ Who bought a trailer? #6  
bought a H and H 20' tiltbed on Friday. DOT package (more lights, & two braking axles)H and H tiltbeds

wood deck with lifetime warranty. It is considered a car hauler with its nice flat deck. There are 14 very beefy stake pockets I will use for tie downs.

/ Who bought a trailer? #7  
Latest trailer is a hydraulic tilt, H&H, 10,000 GVW, 20' wood bed, radial tires, dealer delivered. I love it. Very safe and quick loading. I use Sikkens deck stain to protect the treated wood from turning gray.

Attachments

• 658300-4330 Kubota Trailer.JPG
    658300-4330 Kubota Trailer.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 453
   / Who bought a trailer? #8  
20' MacLander I picked up at the dealer. Wood deck with a 2' foot steel beavertail. 2 7K Dexter axles with 4 wheel brakes and DOT lighting and reflective tape. Came with 2 5/8" Drings on front, welded 2 more on rear crossmember.

It might be derated since it's a 12K trailer with 14K worth of axles. Tires are 235/16 Radial, load range E. Have had the rest, like this one the best. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 658619-Pic087.JPG
    658619-Pic087.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 392
   / Who bought a trailer? #9  
I'll "third" the H&H 20' manual tilt (SpeedLoader MX) - great trailer. Tows beautifully, loads/unloads easily, built like a tank. Got the 10K package. They offer an electric tilt, but the extra expense isn't justified (to me.) To unload, just open the valve and back off slowly - it will tilt by itself. To tilt it up for loading takes about 30 seconds with the hand pump.

I too, looked at Big Tex - looked like a real nice trailer, but once you go tilt, I can't imagine you would settle for ramps...

/ Who bought a trailer? #10  
What manufacturer?

18 ft Bri-Mar

Did you buy direct or was a dealer involved? Picked up or delivered?

Purchased and picked it up at a dealer. They made sure that the trailer was properly leveled and that lighting and brakes worked.

Wood or metal deck?

2" pressure treated wood deck.

Equipment or skid steer?

Classified as an equipment hauler.

Dovetail or all flat?

All flat.

Radials or bias ply tires?

15" Goodyear Marathon trailer tires - I believe these are radials. They work well.

Did you de-rate the capacity?

Trailer is rated at 10K with 15" tires and 12K with 16" tires - the only difference is in the tires that come with the trailer. Purchased the 10K rated unit to keep out of CDL license territory.

Would you buy the same again, why?

Yes. The trailer is a heavy duty (2700#) unit and has worked 100% over the 3 years I've owned it. It came with many heavy duty welded stake pockets that double as equipment tie-downs. There is a chain storage rack built into the front of the trailer ahead of the deck area - very handy.

Lou Braun