Country Manufacturing Trailer, Tandem or Wagon?

/ Country Manufacturing Trailer, Tandem or Wagon? #1  

BigDogues

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti CK25hst
After reading several threads on the subject, I'm considering purchasing the 2 ton Country Manufacturing trailer to haul behind my Kioti CK25hst. But I'm confused as to which model is best suited for my tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Tandem or Wagon, which one to go with? Why?
Thanks,
Phil

/ Country Manufacturing Trailer, Tandem or Wagon? #2  
Do you plan on doing much backing up ?

If so the tandem trailer will be much easier to backup than the wagon, due to lacking the wagon's steering mechanisim. I suspect that the overall length of the trailer is shorter than the wagon .... although Country doesn't publish that spec.

And the trailer can be loaded while it is not attached to anything - by using the tongue jack (be sure to chock the wheels.)

I have the tandem trailer and have found the ease with which I can back up with it to be a real advantage. I'm currently using it to haul cut firewood from a clearing in the woods I'm making for a polebarn. It's a big advantage to me to be able to back into areas to load cut wood and easily manuver in a confined space. FWIW .... YMMV.

Attachments

• 718249-IMG_0948.jpg
    718249-IMG_0948.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 666
   / Country Manufacturing Trailer, Tandem or Wagon? #3  
Looking back.

Attachments

• 718250-IMG_0951.jpg
    718250-IMG_0951.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 650
   / Country Manufacturing Trailer, Tandem or Wagon? #4  
Looking southwest.

Attachments

• 718252-IMG_0950.jpg
    718252-IMG_0950.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 534
   / Country Manufacturing Trailer, Tandem or Wagon?
I've been giving more thought to the tandem than the wagon after watching the videos at this site. The floating axle design seems to make the load amazingly stable through rough terrain.
I suppose it might be good for giving the kids smoother hay rides too. (A good selling point for the Mrs. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif.)

/ Country Manufacturing Trailer, Tandem or Wagon? #6  
If you redo the trailer tongue and use 2 holes with 2 pins where the tongue connects to the tractor drawbar, you can eliminate the double pivot which is what makes it difficult to back up the wagon.

I have a new design for the tongue and steering assembly partially built. I am confident it will make backing up easier.

These are good wagons, you just have to tweek them a little to make them great wagons for the price.

/ Country Manufacturing Trailer, Tandem or Wagon? #7  
I just bought the wagon, it came last week. Haven't had time to assemble yet. I will post assembly and modifications.

Backing up a wagon is tricky and a skill mastered by few. I grew up on a small farm and never seen anybody backup far without correcting a time or two. But I don't like to mess with a jack so I bought the wagon.

ksmmoto

/ Country Manufacturing Trailer, Tandem or Wagon? #8  
I have the tandem unit with the hydraulic dump. Had it for about a 18 months now. Pull it behind my B7100 Kubota without any problems. When it it fully loaded with sand I have to be careful with the weight since the B7100 is a relatively small and light machine. I recently purchased a B3030 but I still find myself loading with the B3030 and pulling with the B7100. I bought the tandem because of the frequent crossing of curbs and the use of the trailer in the woods. Never had any problems backing up.. as far as that goes we had the tongue steer wagons on the farm and never had any problems backing up with those either. My vote would be the tandem unit.

/ Country Manufacturing Trailer, Tandem or Wagon?
Ordered my tandem trailer this morning. Can't wait to get it and start the modifications. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Already have my cylinder on order too. Planning on adding a dump gate like MadReferee's and am considering revamping the hitch as well. Thought that I'd change it out to a two inch ball. I'm planning on making a 3-pt. hitch, umm, hitch. Something similar to the flexpoint but homemade for, hopefully, a fraction of the cost. Just can't believe how much they sell those for /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif. Anyway, should be here next week. Yahoo!

/ Country Manufacturing Trailer, Tandem or Wagon? #10  
If you want to get up close and personal with my tailgate send me a PM for directions to my place.

BTW, mask sure you have some method of getting this thing off the delivery truck. It weighs about 700 lbs. is on a 4' x 8' pallet and is quite awkward. Takes more than one person to manhandle it.