Dump Trailer

/ Dump Trailer #2  
I bought one of these earlier this year directly from the manufacturer--Country Manufacturing, Inc.--for $1,025 freight inclusive. www.countrymfg.com.

It hasn't seen much heavy use. The first time I used it to move a couple of bucket's worth of dirt, I broke the thing. Turns out one of the welds on the hinge wasn't good.

I've also had one of the tires blow out while the tailer was sitting in the garage. Made a really loud noise and tore a pretty large hole (unrepairable) in the tire.

Country was pretty responsive to both problems. Offered to reimburse me for a local welding shop to repair the hinge. Also shipped me a replacement tire and rim free of charge.

I added a 4" cylinder to it and find it dumps just fine. I have my doubts as whether or not it'll hold 2 tons. I have plans to move some more dirt in the next couple of weeks and I guess I'll find out.

It you end up getting one of these, you'll get a better deal by going directly to the manufacturer.

/ Dump Trailer #3  
I see one around hear a lot that a landscape company owns that is for highway use. Very nice, but I'm sure it's much highter than the $900 and I know it's stronger. It has house trailer axles (2) with 15" tires.

Bluegrass, Pick It Up!

/ Dump Trailer #4  
I, too have been eying that trailer. Country's description is the same as Northern's
http://www.countrymfg.com/cgi-bin/shop.cgi/page=2_ton_wagon.htm/SID=995304383.25897
I am not surprised that Vermonster encountered some problems, however. The price is significantly lower than any other I have seen. Top end price for a similar trailer, but road worthy, and including hydraulics and an electric hydraulic pump is over $3,000. For the difference, I think I can do a weld or two and maybe some tires.

Charlie Iliff

/ Dump Trailer #5  
That was my feeling when I purchased the thing. I was looking at alternatives like Provonost dump carts in the $2,700+ range. With the cylinder, quick disconnects, and hydraulic lines, total cost for this 4'x8' cart was under $1,400. Probably won't last as long as a Provonost and I doubt I'd be as tempted to fill it completely with heavy stuff (like dirt) as I would a Provonost. But then, it was only half the cost..

/ Dump Trailer #6  
I looked at an EZ-Dumper trailer today. The one I am interested in, is a 5x8 foot single axle trailer with a 5200# load rating, and a 2.5 cubic yard capacity. The tailgate can be hinged at the top or bottom, and has a bracket that will let you open the gate a little to spread gravel (or whatever) just like a dump truck. It has a metal box mounted on the tongue that encloses the battery, hydraulic pump and the remote control box. This model has the power up, but gravity down lift control. It looked like a quality well-made product that will stand up to some real work. The dealer price I was quoted was $2550, ready to go. This company also makes more heavy duty models with 2 axles and larger dump beds.
The following is a link to their website.

http://www.ez-dumper.com/products/trailers.html

Joe W. 125 hours on my 2910 since I got it on 6-8-01.

/ Dump Trailer #7  
Joe_W
I have a E-Z Dumper 6-10 DX. I am very please with it. rated for 4 ton but I always get 5 ton on it. and there costomer service dept is outstanding. I bought my traler used and had a problem with the silinod. they sent me one for no charge. very good people there.
DDT

/ Dump Trailer #8  
AL...a round about way to ctc you, but this way I get to answer a personal msg and makka you an offer
you mighta wanna hear. I'm long on flatbed two axle trailers. WA tags current, electrics hot, tires etc
you gotta check this one out for $300.00. This be no joke TBN buddy. Oh, yea...it's here in Gig Harbor area. Re: Horse riding...Give me a call at 1-800-383-5908. Gawd, I sound like Cal Worthington.
I hope I'm not violating any 'BYNET protocol msg'ing
you re the trailer/cayoos riding info...my reply to your thoughtful inquiry on 'private msg' went to message heaven or something. Cuz' I type so slow, this became the lazy way to touch base. FYI...no pig in the poke...check this out if you need a meaningful trailer...I haven't come up with a way to pull triple-flats without State Patrol wanting to double check my carry permit, driver's lic.
and eyeglass prescription.

LazyK.gif

Lazy K - Chip

/ Dump Trailer #9  
AL...a round about way to ctc you, but this way I get to answer a personal msg and makka you an offer
you mighta wanna hear. I'm long on flatbed two axle trailers. WA tags current, electrics hot, tires etc
you gotta check this one out for $300.00. This be no joke TBN buddy. Oh, yea...it's here in Gig Harbor area. Re: Horse riding...Give me a call at 1-800-383-5908. Gawd, I sound like Cal Worthington.
I hope I'm not violating any 'BYNET protocol msg'ing
you re the trailer/cayoos riding info...my reply to your thoughtful inquiry on 'private msg' went to message heaven or something. Cuz' I type so slow, this became the lazy way to touch base. FYI...no pig in the poke...check this out if you need a meaningful trailer...I haven't come up with a way to pull triple-flats without State Patrol wanting to double check my carry permit, driver's lic.
and eyeglass prescription. I know you said,'dump-trailer', but this buckwheat might be adaptable.

LazyK.gif

Lazy K - Chip

/ Dump Trailer #10  
Chip,

If Al isn't interested, I might be. My folks are in Belfair, and could pick it up if it's what I'm looking for. Let me know if it's still available, and if so could you post more details.

Thx,

Eric