2OOO Hudson 5 ton Trailer

/ 2OOO Hudson 5 ton Trailer #31  
You're right on. I was only looking at trailer./w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif
One other comment./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif
2OOO Hudson 5 ton Trailer, no fenders = one very dirty TC45 and attachments./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

18-30594-ronssig2.gif

/ 2OOO Hudson 5 ton Trailer #32  
If the guy has has been overloading the trailer - even if he hasn't managed to bend the frame - he may well have induced some cracking in the frame welds and/or damaged the wheel bearings.

Now there are many cheap ways to hide that kind of damage - extra shots of grease and leaving the frame dirty - but only a few expensive ways to find it - ultrasound, tear-downs - or catastrophic failure.

I would run from this particular deal - I'm not one for buying into other people's poor maintenance.

One last question - why is he selling the trailer??

Patrick

/ 2OOO Hudson 5 ton Trailer
I'll only use the Toyota for hauling implements and such. Just towed the tractor with it to satisfy my curiosity.. I've got several friends with full size trucks when I need one.

/ 2OOO Hudson 5 ton Trailer
I'm not sure why he's seling it. He's selling his tractor and implements also. He wasn't much of a conversationalist. Thats were the "what an #%@ *$@#" comment came from in my earlier post. I don't know what to do. Most of my neighbors (Farmers) say I could buy the trailer and sell it for a profit. I'm going to kick the tires again today. It doesn't have to be returned until tomorrow.

/ 2OOO Hudson 5 ton Trailer #35  
I looked at your pictures again and I think I'd pass on this trailer. That thing looks like its been refitted with mobile home axles and tires. Not that mobile home axles are bad, if I built my own trailer I'd use a couple of the 25 or so I have still bolted under my rent trailers. It might be a sign that the original axles were destroyed. If that's the case, what else has been ruined?

/ 2OOO Hudson 5 ton Trailer #36  
A lot of smaller trailer companys use those axels, I have a 5 ton Hurst trailer that is built in Tenn. and it has those axels also. The trailer he is looking at looks like the original owner might have taken off the fenders especially if he was hauling logs, the fenders would be in the way with loading and unloading. I would pass on the trailer and buy new or from a trustworthy source. The amount of damage created if the trailer should break is not worth the risk also if the lights don't work it is probally because he has been using it in fields and woods when he was loading logs and tore out the wires. I paid $1700 for mine brand new.

<font color=blue>Robert Turk Jr.</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>Whitetail Splendor Deer Farms</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>Silver Creek, NY</font color=blue>