ATV Dump Trailer - - Brands?

/ ATV Dump Trailer - - Brands? #1  

rifflerunner

Tractor
Kubota BX23
I am looking for a solid built ATV/small tractor dump trailer. I need something that will haul firewood and horse manure, and be large enough(15-20 cubic ft.) to cut down on trips. This trailer will be in the woods alot over rough terrain so it will the large ATV tires with wheel bearings and grease fittings. Probably will go with steel, since I dont know how the plastics/poly will hold up to heavy abuse and cold. Doing a quick internet search, I have found only two that seem to fit this discription. One is by Agri-fab (Super ATV 17) and another one made by Ohio Steel. Anybody have any opinions on these two or able to recommend anything better. Dont really want to spend a fortune either, say under $500

/ ATV Dump Trailer - - Brands? #2  
Try Country Manufacturing. They have several models, one of which is for ATV's. Several of us here on TBN have their larger 2 ton wagons. Additionally, several models are on sale right now.

Country Manufacturing wagons.

/ ATV Dump Trailer - - Brands? #3  
I have a steel 3' x 6' x 1' dump trailer that I use with my ATV and my tractor. The trailer has seen a lot of rough abuse as I use it extensively to haul wood out of the bush and well as a lot of gravel and crushed rock. I am sure that some times I put 1000 lbs on it. I have reinforced it in a number of ways so I can carry heavier loads than originally intended. I have no idea who made it but I bought it from the local Kubota dealer. I think I paid about C$300 for it several years ago so you should be able to get something similar for US$200 or so. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 838266-traxter04-275.jpg
    838266-traxter04-275.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 400
   / ATV Dump Trailer - - Brands? #4  
I have the 7 ft bed 1 ton model shown here. It has served me well. It cost a lot for a little trailer but I just didn't need or want a bigger one in the area I am working. I got the dump attachment. I don't use it much, but it is handy when I do. I beefed mine up a little as I put it together. A strut here and a brace there.

/ ATV Dump Trailer - - Brands? #5  
I recently saw an ATV trailer in a magazine that looked quite interesting/heavy duty (www.atvwagon.com). I do not own or have not seen one so I can not provide any additional information.

/ ATV Dump Trailer - - Brands? #6  
A couple of other comments I should have made in my earlier post. I lucked in with the width of my trailer as it is slightly narrower than my ATV. This means I can take the trailer anywhere the ATV can go. This is particularly useful in the bush. Even so, especially on sidehills, the trailer will slip a bit and rub against trees. I was also lucky that the traler came with "donut" tires, 20x8.00-8, which is advantageous when the ground is soft. I have often thought about adding a hydraulic cylinder for dumping but haven't done so as yet. This would handy when I am using the trailer with my tractor, but not with the ATV as I have no hydraulics on my ATV. An option would be to mount a 12V hydraulic pump on the trailer tounge but that costs more than the trailer! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ ATV Dump Trailer - - Brands? #8  
RIFFLERUNNER,
I built mine,but look up NICHOLS WELDING in WILTON MAINE,they have a web page.They are a big outfit that makes trailers.They built my brother in laws.If your using it in the woods ,i would suggest two stub axles,rather than a solid,you wont get hungup that way.I think theirs is like that AND THEY DO QUALITY WORK.
ALAN

/ ATV Dump Trailer - - Brands? #9  
I am in the same search position as you, looking for an ATV trailer. Therefore realize that I don't know yet if this is a good unit or not.

But, I saw an Agra-Fab trailer at a local farm store with TANDEM axles and ATV tires. I think it would handle the weight better but I do not know about handling.

It was a little over $500.

What do people think of the idea?

/ ATV Dump Trailer - - Brands? #10  
Sounds like a great price.If used in rough places[woods]check how much ground clearance its got.Also atvs have hitch ratings right on the back,it aint much,so dont overdo on a trailer...although we all do,ive towed 1/3 cord before /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
ALAN