L.E.D. lights

/ L.E.D. lights #1  

dullpain

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M5700 4 WD w/ FEL, Kioti CK4010SE HST, 21' Flatbed Gooseneck Trlr.
Thinking of replacing all lights on my trailer with LED's. Any suggestions as to reasonable price / reliable vendor on the web to purchase? The more the merrier.

thanks

/ L.E.D. lights #2  
AW Direct has all sorts of LED's available (awdirect.com). I'm sure there are many other's as well. LED's aren't cheap. I thought of doing the exact same thing but couldn't justify spending a couple hundred for them.

/ L.E.D. lights #3  
I just replaced the busted lights on my new (to me) trailer with an Optronics LED set that I got at the local AutoZone/Palace/Cottage store. It was $50 and included 2 square lights, wiring, and a plate mount. So far (all of 1 day) they are working well. They are nce and bright.

It's the TLL-9RK on this page: http://www.optronicsinc.com/trailer.htm

Mike

/ L.E.D. lights #4  
TSC has 'em. I have signal stats on my trailers and they are all at least 3 years old. Most LED arrays have a life expentancy of 10 years of continuous use or a trailers lifetime.

One nice thing about LED's is that even if your wiring isn't up to snuff, they still work fine.

One drawback is that they produce no heat whatsoever so in the winter they ice up or get snow covered unlike incandescents which melt the snow and ice.

I personally like the LED flashlight I got for Christmas. Batteries last a loooooooooooooooooooooong time:D

/ L.E.D. lights #5  
I've got a old trailor that has stiff springs and filement type bulbs don't last very long on this trailor anyhow I found some led bulbs that just replaces the standard bulb. I think I paid about $16 for these at a auto parts store.

/ L.E.D. lights #6  
superbrightleds.com I ordered the lights and plug harnesses for my homemade truck flatbed and front bumper from them. Pretty good selection of both complete light assemblies and led bulb replacements for existing incandescent lights. Reasonable price and my order was delivered without any issues.

/ L.E.D. lights
Thanks to all
Ronmar - superbrightleds.com looks good!

/ L.E.D. lights #8  
LEDs

Bought enough at the above site 3 years ago to do three trailers. If you''re going to spend $300 you can contact them and get wholesale....save you about 25%. We were/are happy with the lights.

/ L.E.D. lights #9  
I used to manage a plant that manufactured Signal Stat LED lights for heavy duty trucks. Some of the best names in the business are Grote and Trucklite. Grote was a pioneer with LED truck lights in the 1980's and today they are still the most respected name.

LED lights draw much less current than a standard incandesent bulb. So on a trailer with many lights it is less load on your alterator. They can be wired with a lighter gauge wire also.

Don't forget to protect the wire connections with electrical contact grease and try to water proof the connection. For years the statistics that we got back from fleets showed that 8 out of 10 times a trailer light failed it was corrosion at the wire connection.

/ L.E.D. lights #10  
For a while, I was getting the sealed lamps from tractor trailers, as people replaced them with LED's. I have enough of them to last me quite a while, even if I put on extra lights, to make it really show up at night.
Got to love those LED's.
David from jax