Dump bed Pick Ups

/ Dump bed Pick Ups #91  
I don't know if I'm too late on this. The company I work for is offering a deal on a kit to convert a regular pickup bed to dump. The brand name is "load Hog" PM me if you want more info

Load Hog Industries: Truck Accessories, Parts, and Bed Systems
Web site leaves a little to be desired:eek:... Very small blurry pics. Looks like they prop the box up on a plastic garbage can. I would like to know more about the kit, how it works. They should have good pics posted to show the installation, how it attaches to the box (support), how it clears the bumper, etc.

/ Dump bed Pick Ups #92  
Load Hog Industries: Truck Accessories, Parts, and Bed Systems
Web site leaves a little to be desired:eek:... Very small blurry pics. Looks like they prop the box up on a plastic garbage can. I would like to know more about the kit, how it works. They should have good pics posted to show the installation, how it attaches to the box (support), how it clears the bumper, etc.

I just found more info, they use an air compressor and air bladder. That's why it looks like a garbage can...:eek: Interesting concept...

/ Dump bed Pick Ups #93  
My brother is thinking about a dump bed for his F250 - never thought about the insurance aspect!! Checked with our agent (Erie Insurance)- it will definitely change the classification to 'commercial', but, according to the agent, the cost will actually be LESS than it is now!! ;)

This is a great forum!!! :)

/ Dump bed Pick Ups
My brother is thinking about a dump bed for his F250 - never thought about the insurance aspect!! Checked with our agent (Erie Insurance)- it will definitely change the classification to 'commercial', but, according to the agent, the cost will actually be LESS than it is now!! ;)

This is a great forum!!! :)
That sounds odd!

/ Dump bed Pick Ups #95  
Because of the dumpbed it may need to be insured and registered as a commercial vehicle, however its still a pickup truck. And for whatever reason, commercial pickups (at least in MA) are cheaper to insure than privately. I have no idea why. Maybe because the commercial trucks are driven by proffesionals, the drivers/companys do not report every bump and dent and commercial trucks with company logos are far less likely to get stolen (however not broken into) than private trucks.

/ Dump bed Pick Ups
Because of the dumpbed it may need to be insured and registered as a commercial vehicle, however its still a pickup truck. And for whatever reason, commercial pickups (at least in MA) are cheaper to insure than privately. I have no idea why. Maybe because the commercial trucks are driven by proffesionals, the drivers/companys do not report every bump and dent and commercial trucks with company logos are far less likely to get stolen (however not broken into) than private trucks.
Thanks for the info .
I need to check with my insurer.

/ Dump bed Pick Ups #97  
I have an 85 C30 which is titled as a cab chassie. Insurance asked was it a tow truck or something? no i said.

It does have a dump bed on the back. PTO driven. I only use it for personal use, and its registered as a personal vehicle.

I have a class B non CDL IL license so weight isnt an issue. (i get to drive the big firetruck)