Tongue Jack on rear of trailer

/ Tongue Jack on rear of trailer #1  

RobJ

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L2500
Anyone ever put a front jack on the rear of the trailer to support it while loading the tractor. I got this one from HF for about $13.00 with a coupon and discount. I've got it welded on but haven't tried it out yet. It's rated at 2000# which will handle the tractor ok. With the BH on it'll be a little more. You can see my first attempts to support the rear(the stand is upper left of the photo). The 1.5" square tibing and pads work well but my pre-drilled holes don't always match up if I'm on uneven ground. At the cheap price of the HF jack I could buy 2, one for each side.

I just hate to put all that pressure on the trailer hitch and tongue. What do yall think?

Rob

Attachments

• trailerjack.JPG
    trailerjack.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 589
   / Tongue Jack on rear of trailer #2  
I have two jacks on the rear of my trailer, one on each side to keep it balanced properly. Works great!

/ Tongue Jack on rear of trailer #3  
It's a good idea but I found that the trailer tended to move forward as the tractor went up the ramps. That movement may be more than the jack can take and might bend the pivot. The square tube legs can handle the movement more than the jack.

/ Tongue Jack on rear of trailer #4  
You don't want to forget its down and drive away
Jim

/ Tongue Jack on rear of trailer #5  
I use 2- one for each side, otherwise loaded tractor, FEL and mower cause 7200lb worth of truck to lift up in the rear and ramps to flip up into the underside of mower. One time the ramps caught under the stump jump- not a good thing.

/ Tongue Jack on rear of trailer #6  
but its a mighty fine way to test the integrity of trailer tongue and truck hitch isnt it turkeyman? been there done that

/ Tongue Jack on rear of trailer #7  
Ford960 said:
It's a good idea but I found that the trailer tended to move forward as the tractor went up the ramps.

Wheel Chocks?

/ Tongue Jack on rear of trailer #8  
I use the H/F models on either side of the trailer, in the rear. Works great. No problems with tractor, loader and brush hog. Trailer doesn't move and they swing up and out of the way for trailering. Trucks a lot happier too.

/ Tongue Jack on rear of trailer #9  
If I were doing that, I'd weld on a 5/16" bolt in the same location to hang my TRUCK KEYS on.

Otherwise, I'd drive off with the jack down, and have to replace it every trip!

Of course, I'm just stoopid................

ron

/ Tongue Jack on rear of trailer #10  
I'm glad that this thread was started. I bought a jack to mount in the middle sometime ago. I haven't put it on yet, because I had second thoughts about using only one. I may go ahead and get the second one so that I can mount one on each side if no one comes up with a bad reason not to.